PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Headlight 3" Sanders

XLNTShine
12-18-2011, 12:56 PM
I was looking at the what's new section today and I saw these two tools added. I see there are two different types of mini air sanders. Both are 3" sanders but one is a DA and the other a rotary.

Which one of these would be the best tool for headlight sanding and polishing???

I would imaging that these both could be used for A and B pillar polishing and other tight places. I don't have experience with the rotary polishers so if this machine was to be used as a dual purpose but mainly headlights, which would you choose?

Also is there a advantage to one of the others as far as pads to use with them and sanding disk?? I know this has been touched on in various other threads but tough to put everyones thoughts together.

Thanks for the advise!

William

Perfections
12-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Will, the da is used for sanding, and the rotary for pulling out the sanding marks, but if your looking to save money just get the da, the megs 4" pads and the little foam extension the goes between the backing plate and the sanding disc to add a little cushion.

2old2change
12-18-2011, 08:42 PM
Remember you can also do this with any da or a griots 3" machine and a 3" backing plate along with the correct size interface pad.

Twister
12-18-2011, 10:24 PM
Remember you can also do this with any da or a griots 3" machine and a 3" backing plate along with the correct size interface pad.

That's what I would use too

C. Charles Hahn
12-18-2011, 11:42 PM
Just keep in mind you'll also need a pretty sizable compressor to run the air tools.... without that they're useless.

jwgreen6
12-19-2011, 01:27 AM
Just keep in mind you'll also need a pretty sizable compressor to run the air tools.... without that they're useless.

You'll need a compressor capable of 15-18 SCFM @ 90 psi to run either tool. I thought about this, too, and came to the conclusion that the Griot's 3" polisher is a suitable alternative.