PDA

View Full Version : Bonding Issues

Pages : [1] 2

Mike T
05-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Would Their be issues topping PwC with WG Deep Gloss Sealant? I started using PwC forgetting that I was going to be following up with WG. What possiblities am I looking at here?

pt91
05-07-2006, 08:08 PM
IMO, yes. PWC leaves a coat of carnauba behind which might weaken the sealant's bond.
I use PWC as a base for waxes only (or maybe EX).

Mike T
05-07-2006, 08:54 PM
I figured their would be. Question is how bad?

ScottB
05-08-2006, 06:12 AM
why not simply do a alcohol/water wipe down or a quick wash ?? If you have already topped it with WG, then why not make it a test and see just how much durability is lost. WG offers a finishing glaze, but not sure why type of fillers and/or oils might be in the product, could just be a final polish.

BILL
05-08-2006, 07:12 AM
Did he use the W.G.yet?? or was he ready to?? I understand that putting a sealer over any carnauba is not a good idea, if it were me in that predicament? and had already put down W.G.?? over the PWC? and wanted to remedy it?? i'd start over with AOI or another good cleaner, then W.G then the PWC then wax.......if no W.G. was applied yet?? then the alcohol wash as killrwheels suggested i would do.......or whatever i took to get off the already applied P.W.C.

Mike T
05-08-2006, 08:04 AM
I did apply the WG over PwC. Then the next day I applied a layer of Liquid Souveran. The finish is INCREDIBLE!
This morning after I got to work and all the dew dissipated their were no water spots that I could see anywhere. Just any dust or such that was under the moisture.
I spent a total of about 9hrs detailing my car this weekend. I don't think I could strip it all and start over just yet. If the sealant has troudle bonding to the paint would it just mearly wash off or would it protect with the strength of a wax?
The WG-LS combo is fantastic.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/silence0420/DCP_0012.jpg

BILL
05-08-2006, 09:20 AM
:cheers: Car looks beautiful.....great job, not sure it the bonding issue would just wash off ,I would think that it would protect it somewhat.

.... looks great;)

Mike T
05-08-2006, 12:38 PM
Thanks. I'm hoping it will hold up through the next couple of a months (Basically the rainy season here in FL). I do intend on waxing once a month and a weekly application of PB's QW+.

BILL
05-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Im a bi -weekly waxer......its takes about 30 min to do the car with souveran.....so fast and easy.......

I have the crystal mist and havent used it yet.....:D application of the wax is almost just as fast.....

ScottB
05-08-2006, 06:23 PM
(Basically the rainy season here in FL).

where are you located ???? We have fire warnings daily in broward with no rain in site. :confused:

Mike T
05-08-2006, 08:14 PM
I live in Naples. We always have fire warnings this time of year. Then Hurricane season picks up and we get slammed with a few hurricanes and it rains everyday.
Their have been a number of fires this year that have been started by little punk kids.

BILL
05-09-2006, 06:45 AM
When does hurricane season actually start???

Mike T
05-09-2006, 08:49 AM
June through November.

BILL
05-09-2006, 09:45 AM
:( Thats Scary.......:(

Mike T
05-09-2006, 10:08 AM
Last year Hurricane Wilma made landfall 30min from where I live. I have lived in Naples my whole life and have never been in a storm as intense as that one. Gave me goose bumps just thinking about it.