PDA

View Full Version : Foam gun and Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax

VOLVOS60
12-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Has anyone used Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax in a foam gun. I'm interested in purchasing a foam gun, but I use this car wash and was wondering if it works well with the foam gun. All of my cars are daily drivers and I have three kids, so I try to keep the cars as clean as possible on a "time" budget. The cars are currently detailed with Meguiars Ultimate compound (on my oldest car), Ultimate Polish, and I just tried the Ultimate Wax.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Dr Oldz
12-17-2011, 11:14 AM
I would find a better wash personally. I thought that shampoo was one of the worst that I have used. Try Meg's gold class if you are just buying ur shampoo over the counter. It is way better and cheaper. It also performs well in a foam gun.

PPLd
12-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax wont suds up with foam gun.

Meticulous-Detail
12-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Megs Gold Class or Duragloss 901 gets my vote. If the Megs W&W is what you currently have then try it out in the foam gun. Personally I would rather have a great shampoo and then dry down the car with a spray wax, then have a sub-par wash and wax soap. I love Megs products, but don't care for the W&W.

pickles
12-17-2011, 03:18 PM
Has anyone used Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax in a foam gun. I'm interested in purchasing a foam gun, but I use this car wash and was wondering if it works well with the foam gun. All of my cars are daily drivers and I have three kids, so I try to keep the cars as clean as possible on a "time" budget. The cars are currently detailed with Meguiars Ultimate compound (on my oldest car), Ultimate Polish, and I just tried the Ultimate Wax.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Yes I've used it the foam gun and to me it works just as well as any other shampoo,Some complain that it streaks the windows but I haven't had that problem.I too like to use entire lines of products at once and don't cross over while washing/waxing my cars.I use Meg's ultimate,Meg's gold class,Pinnacle,and from the recent sale I've just purchased Wolfgang autobathe/qd/spray sealant/and fusion mini.DP xtreme works well to but the thickest foam IMO is the Pinnacle,while the thinnest foam is the new XMT gloss shampoo.

RobZ71LM7
12-17-2011, 06:10 PM
It's the worst car wash I've used by far, and I'm not one that picks up on all the subtle nuances between different wash products. It doesn't clean well, and leave a scum almost oily film on the car and streaks on windows-which reappears when they get wet. I think Corey even said it's the worst product he's ever used.

Just buy DP Extreme Foam on BOGO. Otherwise I love Duragloss car wash and Meg's Gold Class.

TroyScherer
12-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Now I have not used or and don't plan on using Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax so I can't speak to the quality of the soap itself.

In my opinion the point of a foam gun is to pre-soak a vehicle before washing. In the same way the point of Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax is to leave behind some protection after the wash. So in my opinion there is not really a reason to use Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax as your foaming soap.

Can you use it if that what you have? Yes, but as others have said and I will reiterate there are better options out there.

VOLVOS60
12-19-2011, 09:33 AM
I have to admit that I was not impressed with the wash and wax. It seems to streak as it runs down the car (I did measure the solution to make sure it was diluted properly). I have been a meguiars fan since I attended a detailing class taught by Mike Phillips (when he worked for them) and have exclusively used their products. I am open to trying new brands. I just tried the Ultimate line of products after switching from the NXT line. Since my cars are daily drivers, I liked the look of NXT 2.0 and it seems to protect for a long time. So far, I'm up in the air with the Ultimate Wax. It was a pain to put on and take off, but the surface was so slick and the water sheeting was amazing. I'm interested to see what the durability is like. I'm looking for a wash/shampoo that will easily and thoroughly clean and not diminish the shine.

Megs Gold Class or Duragloss 901 gets my vote. If the Megs W&W is what you currently have then try it out in the foam gun. Personally I would rather have a great shampoo and then dry down the car with a spray wax, then have a sub-par wash and wax soap. I love Megs products, but don't care for the W&W.

I've never tried to dry the car with a spray wax. I've always done it separately. What's the best way to do this and how do the results differ from doing the two steps separately? I just tried Megs Ultimate Spray Wax. So far I'm happy with it, but I don't have any lengthy experience with it. I'd be interested in anyone's thoughts on the spray wax also.

Come to think of it, it sounds ridiculous that I'm washing the car with a "wash and wax" product and following it up with a spray wax.

duck_commander
12-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Volvo - i'm not an expert by any means, however i personally don't think the wash and wax products leave that much wax on the paint... again, just my opinion and i do not have any scientific proof of this...

I have been using Duraglos Aquawax as my spray wax for almost 2 years now... I LOVE this product... it is very strong though... only need to apply it once a month, maybe once every 5 weeks... it makes my black metallic paint on my truck and the solid silver on my civic 'pop' (i hate that word)... It makes the paint slicker than sh*t. Now i have noticed because it's a synthetic spray wax the water beads are larger, more like water ponds. When i pull out of my drive way and make the turn at the end of my road, all the water on my roof dribbles down onto my windows and the water on my hood rolls off the side and is no longer seen! Oh and BTW, i also use the aqyuawax on my glass, rubber and plastic trim, and my chrome rims.

Twister
12-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Volvo - i'm not an expert by any means, however i personally don't think the wash and wax products leave that much wax on the paint... again, just my opinion and i do not have any scientific proof of this...

I have been using Duraglos Aquawax as my spray wax for almost 2 years now... I LOVE this product... it is very strong though... only need to apply it once a month, maybe once every 5 weeks... it makes my black metallic paint on my truck and the solid silver on my civic 'pop' (i hate that word)... It makes the paint slicker than sh*t. Now i have noticed because it's a synthetic spray wax the water beads are larger, more like water ponds. When i pull out of my drive way and make the turn at the end of my road, all the water on my roof dribbles down onto my windows and the water on my hood rolls off the side and is no longer seen! Oh and BTW, i also use the aqyuawax on my glass, rubber and plastic trim, and my chrome rims.

I used Aqua wax for the first time this weekend and I really liked it. The blue paint on my mother's car looked great. It's supposed to rain today so I'll see how it beads

fr_demari
12-19-2011, 12:47 PM
i like my foam gun with CG honey dew or DP xtreme foam
i didnt try the meh UWW in the foam gun but i using it for finishi the bottle on my wheels.

Meticulous-Detail
12-19-2011, 01:49 PM
I've never tried to dry the car with a spray wax. I've always done it separately. What's the best way to do this and how do the results differ from doing the two steps separately? I just tried Megs Ultimate Spray Wax. So far I'm happy with it, but I don't have any lengthy experience with it. I'd be interested in anyone's thoughts on the spray wax also.

Come to think of it, it sounds ridiculous that I'm washing the car with a "wash and wax" product and following it up with a spray wax.

From AG "Apply Meguiars Synthetic X-press™ Spray Wax to wet or dry vehicles. A quick wipe-down with Meguiars Synthetic X-press™ Spray Wax after washing the car is a great way to prevent water spots and protect the paint in one step. Hydrophobic Polymer Technology™ allows moisture to bead and roll off the waxed paint. There's no need to avoid plastic trim! Meguiars Synthetic X-press™ Spray Wax dries clear on plastic trim - no staining! Just spray and wipe. Meguiars Synthetic X-press™ Spray Wax can be applied in direct sunlight. If you do your detailing in the sunshine, now you can apply this quality car wax in the sun and it will wipe off instantly. This feature is great for mobile detailers, too."

I usually wash, then dry with leaf blower then apply Megs SXSW to one panel at a time and give it a final wipe down and buff. Give it a shot, you will combine 2 steps into one. Megs SXSW is the same as Megs USW only in a gallon size. I don't see any better results either way but it does help in preventing water spots and you can spray it on everything. Works good on glass too!