PDA

View Full Version : Used a new Edge pad today and had my own detail fest!

Whitethunder46
02-24-2007, 06:59 PM
So, today I had a little fun with my Stang. Spot compounded a few bad sections with OC and Edge yellow pad. Went over these sections with Green pad and XMT 3 because there was reallly bad marring.

Now for the new pad. About a month ago I got a replacement yellow cutting pad from Edge and in the same package, Aaron sent me another yellow pad. This one however was very soft, like a white/blue pad feel. He said it was a light cutting pad. So I tried it out and did the whole car with this pad and XMT2. I wanted to strip off any wax I had, as well as crisp up the finish and eliminate any marring. This pad was AWESOME. I loved it since it was a dense foam and didn't get wobbly at all. Worked great!!!

LSP was DG105. I'm going to buff it off with a white pad on the PC here in about 30 min.

Tomorrow I'm going to apply Souveran for the first time. I'm really interested to see the outcome of everything on my white car!!

Al-53
02-24-2007, 07:05 PM
I would buff it off by hand...the remaining residue can accumulate on the pad and act as a fine abrasive and mute the finish...you can put a folded MF under the pad and buff it and switch to a clean side every so often...better results..but by hand is fast and easy...

But up to you
Al

Whitethunder46
02-24-2007, 07:20 PM
I would buff it off by hand...the remaining residue can accumulate on the pad and act as a fine abrasive and mute the finish...you can put a folded MF under the pad and buff it and switch to a clean side every so often...better results..but by hand is fast and easy...

But up to you
Al

By hand it is. I know your like the DG King, so your opinion matters! haha!
I've used DG 105 many times before on a few other vehicles and always buffed off by hand, I just was going to do something new, lol.

I'll buff off Souveran by PC tomorrow.

dengood1
02-24-2007, 09:21 PM
By hand it is. I know your like the DG King, so your opinion matters! haha!
I've used DG 105 many times before on a few other vehicles and always buffed off by hand, I just was going to do something new, lol.

I'll buff off Souveran by PC tomorrow.

You won't need to buff off the Souveran with PC....I promise! Try a microfiber first....it's soooooooo easy to take off.

Whitethunder46
02-24-2007, 09:26 PM
You won't need to buff off the Souveran with PC....I promise! Try a microfiber first....it's soooooooo easy to take off.
I know it'll be easy, but I like buffing off with the PC because it gives an effect of almost melting the wax into the paint.

I just remembered that Souveran is WOWO and doesn't need to haze. No PC tomorrow then.

Nica
02-24-2007, 09:40 PM
I know it'll be easy, but I like buffing off with the PC because it gives an effect of almost melting the wax into the paint.

I just remembered that Souveran is WOWO and doesn't need to haze. No PC tomorrow then.

um...just wondering what is WOWO....hope you don't mind me asking.

JSR
02-24-2007, 09:42 PM
WOWO = wipe on wipe off

1883atlantics
02-24-2007, 09:45 PM
um...just wondering what is WOWO....hope you don't mind me asking.

don't mean to just jump in the middle of this, but I *think* WOWO stands for "wipe on, wipe off" ?

I may be wrong, but that makes sense to me. :)

Jeff

dengood1
02-24-2007, 09:51 PM
don't mean to just jump in the middle of this, but I *think* WOWO stands for "wipe on, wipe off" ?

I may be wrong, but that makes sense to me. :)

Jeff

You are exactly right......"wipe on, wipe off". This means that you do not need to wait for the wax to dry to a haze to remove. As you complete a panel, wipe it off-----effortlessly I might add.

Whitethunder46
02-24-2007, 10:05 PM
OK, so there is freezing rain and about an inch of snow right now. DAMN IT! haha.

Don't worry, the Stang is in the garge tonight to cure the DG105. Not sure if I'm still going to apply Souveran tomorrow. I think I'll go ahead and do it since it's supposed to be 50* tomorrow but rainy.

In a few days I'll clean her up again and add a second coat of Souveran.

dengood1
02-24-2007, 10:11 PM
OK, so there is freezing rain and about an inch of snow right now. DAMN IT! haha.

Don't worry, the Stang is in the garge tonight to cure the DG105. Not sure if I'm still going to apply Souveran tomorrow. I think I'll go ahead and do it since it's supposed to be 50* tomorrow but rainy.

In a few days I'll clean her up again and add a second coat of Souveran.
Honestly I wouldn't use Souveran on white.....kind of mutes it. There are better choices for making white stand out IMO:

Liquid Souveran
Pinnacle Sig II
Poorboys EXP

Whitethunder46
02-24-2007, 10:45 PM
Honestly I wouldn't use Souveran on white.....kind of mutes it. There are better choices for making white stand out IMO:

Liquid Souveran
Pinnacle Sig II
Poorboys EXP

I got two jars during the Vday sale so I'm going to use it once.