PDA

View Full Version : Problem!!! Need AG help asap

Pages : [1] 2 3

Desert Detail & More
12-16-2011, 10:37 PM
I ordered some opticoat on 12/09 online order number is 488113, internal order number is 790430. Tracking number is 1Z10W4870372328361. Sorry for the rank, but I have a schedule job to due on Sunday the 18th. My opticoat was suppose to show up today the 16th, it didn't. Look online and it arrived on 12/15 in phx at 7:05pm, then departed on 12/16 at 2:52am then arrived in California, ###!! im in Arizona.... I cant afford to lose this job or customer. This is the first screw up, I know its all on UPS but dang, stuff takes a week already to get to me, and now this. New time of arrival is Tuesday, this isnt cool....

Flash Gordon
12-16-2011, 10:46 PM
I ordered some opticoat on 12/09 online order number is 488113, internal order number is 790430. Tracking number is 1Z10W4870372328361. Sorry for the rank, but I have a schedule job to due on Sunday the 18th. My opticoat was suppose to show up today the 16th, it didn't. Look online and it arrived on 12/15 in phx at 7:05pm, then departed on 12/16 at 2:52am then arrived in California, ###!! im in Arizona.... I cant afford to lose this job or customer. This is the first screw up, I know its all on UPS but dang, stuff takes a week already to get to me, and now this. New time of arrival is Tuesday, this isnt cool....

Uhhhh, what is Autogeek suppose to do for you at this point? Even if they sent you another tube next day you wouldn't get it on time

All you can do at this point is talk to your customer and explain the screw-up

U P S is an absolute mess. Next time use FedEx instead ;)

Desert Detail & More
12-16-2011, 10:53 PM
Uhhhh, what is Autogeek suppose to do for you at this point? Even if they sent you another tube next day you wouldn't get it on time

All you can do at this point is talk to your customer and explain the screw-up

U P S is an absolute mess. Next time use FedEx instead ;)I know just venting cause UPS dropped the ball. Seeing if AG can look into why this happen. Well it might be nice if they would offer fedex or ups as a choice for shipping.

Flash Gordon
12-16-2011, 11:02 PM
I know just venting cause UPS dropped the ball. Seeing if AG can look into why this happen. Well it might be nice if they would offer fedex or ups as a choice for shipping.

They do offer FedEx, but if you don't request it, they ship Uncommonly Poor Service otherwise

RFulmer
12-16-2011, 11:19 PM
It must be a city by city thing. I have always had good service from UPS but not so good service from Fedex. My biggest problem with Fedex is they will send me an email saying no one was home to make the delivery, when I know my wife or myself was sitting here waiting on a delivery. I think the driver runs behind and enters this to keep from coming out, we are kind of rural.

VISITOR
12-17-2011, 01:46 AM
Uncommonly Poor Service otherwise

LOL.. does one ever notice when they deliver your package and you answer the door, they're already gone? as soon as they drop off your package and knock or ring your door bell, they run to their truck and floor the gas before you even see them. maybe they don't want to hear or deal with any complaints on any packages...

LegacyGT
12-17-2011, 01:52 AM
It must be a city by city thing. I have always had good service from UPS but not so good service from Fedex. My biggest problem with Fedex is they will send me an email saying no one was home to make the delivery, when I know my wife or myself was sitting here waiting on a delivery. I think the driver runs behind and enters this to keep from coming out, we are kind of rural.

You will enjoy this humor: How UPS Deliveries Actually Work - CollegeHumor Video (http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6381207/how-ups-deliveries-actually-work)

tw33k2514
12-17-2011, 02:53 AM
You will enjoy this humor: How UPS Deliveries Actually Work - CollegeHumor Video (http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6381207/how-ups-deliveries-actually-work)

Lmao

Sucks that this happened to you. Not all UPS drivers are bad though. Mine is so good I give him a Christmas card.

BobbyG
12-17-2011, 06:03 AM
What you see through online tracking is the package scans and the large trucks moving packages to their UPS's distribution centers. From there they travel predetermined routes to the smaller centers and eventually to the smaller trucks.

If you look at the online tracking at some point you'll see one that indicates; Out for Delivery. This is the big brown truck you see delivering packages to customers.

There really is nothing Autogeek can do to resolve this issue as this is the shipping company and in this case UPS.

Meghan
12-17-2011, 06:10 AM
I will look into it for you and let you know what is up.

Meghan
12-17-2011, 06:32 AM
Ok it appears UPS might have rerouted it, but just an FYI for your next order, shipping to Arizona can take five to six business days so when you order you will need to give yourself some time to receive the package or use UPS 3 Day shipping. Even without the reroute you might not have gotten this till Monday. Unfortunately even if I overnight-ed you one today you would not get it for your detail tomorrow.
I will make a note to follow up with this package when I get in the office but as of now it is on it's way to you.

Twister
12-17-2011, 09:02 AM
Too bad. I had something similar happen on one of my shipments. I'm not sure how it happened but it came into the Hub here in Dallas and showed out for delivery. Didn't show so I checked again and it said it was being rerouted and ended up in Fort Worth. Then it was rerouted back to Dallas. It added about 3 days to the delivery time. Normally takes about 5 or 6 days for UPS to deliver packages from AG. FedEx takes 4

Maybe you ask a member in your area to help you out with some OC until yours comes in?

Marc Hufnagel
12-17-2011, 09:05 AM
They do offer FedEx, but if you don't request it, they ship Uncommonly Poor Service otherwise

I've always thought of UPS as 'Unbelievably Poor Service", but pretty much the same thing. I think some days they can't find their keester with 2 hands and a flashlight at high noon.

I simply HATE having to deal with them for shipments, either direction. Fedex, Fedex Home Delivery/Ground have always been great for me. I also find that UPS is pretty much the highest on any shipment I need to send.

BillE
12-17-2011, 09:14 AM
It may just be the luck of the draw...but I've NEVER had a problem with UPS. Lived in Seattle (and/or surrounding areas) for 40+ years, now a small rural town...never a problem.

The drivers have always shown me courtesy, if I wasn't home they would/will place the package in a 'secluded' area (that I can easily find).

Times when a package as 'dinged', they would wait until I inspected the insides, without any problem.

Like I said, may just be the luck of the draw.

Just my $.02

Merry Christmas...

Bill

jfelbab
12-17-2011, 10:01 AM
My UPS service has been exemplary, slightly better than FexEX. Must have to do with where you live and the quality of the system/people along the way. I know that both drivers drop the packages and scram. They are on a tight schedule and I don't expect them to stand around after ringing the doorbell to see if someone is home.

I care about three things. Timeliness of the delivery and condition of the products delivered. IME, UPS is the winner in my area. The third thing I care about is the tracking info. UPS gives me much more detailed tracking info so I know where my goods are and when to expect my delivery.

You want to talk about shipping disappointment look to the "Smart"(oxymoron) shipping services where the shipper uses both UPS or FedEX and then hands it off to the USPS to go the last few miles. The USPS doubles the time it takes to receive my goods and the packages are beat to hell more often than not. Since the package carriers directly deliver the goods in much better condition, I am left to blame the USPS for the poor handling. With the USPS undergoing a major reorg. and closing many post offices around the country I expect this will make this service get even worse.