PDA

View Full Version : Tar & Bug cleaner removes wax?

smooth72
12-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Maybe a silly question but I always wonder if bug and tar cleaner or all purpose cleaner removes your sealer and wax. I sometimes avoid using thinking it might.

kb2ehj
12-16-2011, 12:22 PM
I asked that question a little while ago to the Poorboy's folks in regards to their Bug Squash product. Their response was as long as it is mixed per the instructions, it would not affect the LSP.

CEE DOG
12-16-2011, 02:57 PM
In general:

APC most certainly (and most bug and tar cleaners) will degrade or remove your wax.

They will degrade a polymer sealant as well and depending on where it as in its lifespan remove it. Some sealants it will remove completely regardless of lifespan.

toycar18
12-16-2011, 03:12 PM
If it is got a solvent in it like citrus oil then it will dissolve the wax.

tw33k2514
12-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Ive never used a Bug/Tar or APC product that didn't remove my LSP.

And you have to ask yourself... If they don't remove wax, how will they remove bugs or tar.

smooth72
12-16-2011, 03:38 PM
Thanks, I thought so. My wife car seems to get a lot of tar on it. It's her daily driver, guess I try avoiding using it unless I have to.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/smooth72/p1.jpg

AeroCleanse
12-16-2011, 07:49 PM
Maybe a silly question but I always wonder if bug and tar cleaner or all purpose cleaner removes your sealer and wax. I sometimes avoid using thinking it might.

It will remove wax. If it removes sealer depends on the sealer used.

Of course you have the option of using a paint coating, which shouldn't be effected at all.

DetailedByPrecision
12-16-2011, 10:16 PM
I read a thread about the 1eznit bug and tar remover where a member did a review on it and he mentioned it did not remove his LSP.

Jeff120
12-16-2011, 11:11 PM
Poorboys bug squash @ 3:1 seems to keep your LSP in tact. May weekend but it doesnt destroy it.

RFulmer
12-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Does anyone know if the Diamondite Bug Eraser removes LSP? I believe it would but I don't know.

FUNX650
12-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Ive never used a Bug/Tar or APC product that didn't remove my LSP.

And you have to ask yourself... If they don't remove wax, how will they remove bugs or tar.

:iagree:

IMO...Using a substance strong enough to remove the bugs and tar may also harm your paint.

A few of my suggestions for your consideration:

Before using B&T Removers:
-Make sure the surfaces of your panels is cool to the touch...Try not to work in direct sunlight...

-Apply the B&T remover product to the affected areas. Let it dwell to soften the bugs/tar for the recommended time, per the product's instructions.

-Gently wipe/dab the softened bug/tar deposits from the vehicle's panel(s) with a clean, soft cloth of your choice. Never "scrub".

-Re-application may, at times, be necessary.

After using ....Bug and Tar Removers:
-Thoroughly wash and rinse the affected areas to remove any excess residues...Or, if it is so deemed, the entire vehicle.

-Dry vehicle

-Re-apply LSP of choice

:)

Bob

shoeless89
12-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Poorboys bug squash @ 3:1 seems to keep your LSP in tact. May weekend but it doesnt destroy it.

Thats my experience also