PDA

View Full Version : Aztec or mytee??

New Image
12-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Which one do you guys recommend that i get? Looks like the mytee heats up 10 degree more, but the aztec has i believe 25 inch more water lift. But also the aztec has a smaller tank. What to do, what to do?

New Image
12-15-2011, 04:40 PM
Oh and i was looking at the Mytee lite 8070.

toycar18
12-15-2011, 07:51 PM
I would go with mytee all day long.

It has twice the water pressure. 60psi is very low and will be slower for cleaning. 120psi will flush more water and get the carpets cleaner fast. Dry stroke it and you shouldn't have any over-wetting problems. A smaller tank is also annoying. Mytee has a good reputation and will be in business for a long time. So parts will always be readily available. I am a professional carpet cleaner and when I clean upholstery/carpet in cars with my truckmount I usually run 250-350 psi for great flow and faster cleanig.

New Image
12-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Okay thanks!

BobbyG
12-15-2011, 08:46 PM
From everything I've read Mytee would be my choice for an extractor.......

New Image
12-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Yeah i think im leaning towards the Mytee

Kristopher1129
12-16-2011, 12:23 AM
I have both the Aztec and the Mytee. I can't express to you how disappointed I am in the Aztec.

The two are close in price...but drastically different in performance and quality. The Aztec has good suction...but horrible psi. It basically dribbles on the carpet. The Mytee is MUCH stronger.

Don't let anyone talk you into the Aztec...trust me, you'll be disappointed big time.

Rav777
12-16-2011, 02:26 AM
I have both the Aztec and the Mytee. I can't express to you how disappointed I am in the Aztec.

The two are close in price...but drastically different in performance and quality. The Aztec has good suction...but horrible psi. It basically dribbles on the carpet. The Mytee is MUCH stronger.

Don't let anyone talk you into the Aztec...trust me, you'll be disappointed big time.

:iagree:

I have used both models as well. Before I started my business I was using a 6 year old Mytee, and if something went wrong I could get parts at my local detail shop or my local janitor/carpet cleaning store and it was back on the road. This is the reason that I decided to buy a new Mytee lite for my business.

The Aztec seemed a bit underpowered to me, and I am not sure if the model I used had something wrong with it because it was pretty loud for such a small machine. Not sure if you guys experienced this as well. It can do the job, but if you spend that much money I would save a bit more and stick with the Mytee.

SuperiorAutoLLC
12-24-2011, 07:44 PM
As the owner of a detailing business that focuses solely on vehicular interiors, hopefully my input will help; I too have both brands of machines: the Aztec Hot Rod and the Mytee HP60.

I started my business with the Aztec being the single most expensive piece of equipment I purchased. Before dropping almost $700, I performed extensive research and compared tons and tons of machines. I was super impressed with the length of the Aztec's power cord (50' instead of 25'), the length of the vac/solution hose (16' instead of 15' (yes, that 1 foot makes a difference)!), and the water lift when compared to the size of the machine. Overall, I used mine for almost a year and I couldn't have been happier with the machine's performance. I will say that the PSI isn't as high as it should be, but it does get the job done; you just have to pass over the carpet one or two more times than you should have to.

Now, onto the Mytee: I just ordered the Mytee HP60 last week and I have used it a few times now. This thing is a wicked beast! The PSI is double that of the Aztec and the vacuum motor is extremely powerful, but the power cord and vac/solution hose are both shorter. The Mytee has about 35" more water lift than the Aztec, but also draws more power which may be challenging if you're powering the machine with a generator (which I am). One of the largest and most significant differences between the two machines is the heater: the Aztec heats the entire 1.5 gallon tank of water at once, then blasts the water through the line, whereas the Mytee has twin inline heaters that keep the water in the tank cool and heat it as it travels through the solution hose.

I should say, though, that Aztec's customer service is superb, and Mytee's is not as professional as it should be. Overall, both machines have their advantages and disadvantages depending on your business's needs. If you can afford to spend a little bit more, invest in the Mytee, but if you're just getting started, the Aztec is definitely the way to go.

maXum Mobile D.
12-24-2011, 09:40 PM
Mytee lite II all the way

rwisejr
12-25-2011, 09:06 AM
I have an Aztec and have been very happy with it. As it fit my needs as It is very mobile. But the Mytee is a better machine . It would be my choice if I didn't need a more portable unit.