PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have access to free CARFAX's?

WRAPT C5Z06
12-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Please PM me, I'd appreciate it. :dblthumb2:

CEE DOG
12-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Sweet! Good idea Mark! Sorry I don't

C. Charles Hahn
12-15-2011, 12:15 AM
Replacing the Z06, Mark?

jpegs13
12-15-2011, 01:14 AM
Replacing the Z06, Mark?

Say it ain't so Mark!

WRAPT C5Z06
12-15-2011, 03:08 AM
Not replacing the Z06! :D
Carfax is hardly reliable, I'm just curious about something.

Ted S.
12-15-2011, 06:37 AM
Not replacing the Z06! :D
Carfax is hardly reliable, I'm just curious about something.

Trying to "modify" something?:laughing:

ScottB
12-15-2011, 06:48 PM
DONT TRUST CARFAX ....

I am currently involved in an issue with them. It turns out in South Florida accident reports are not public record for more than 12 months. Because of a time delay in Carfax reporting, records for the past 24 months are NOT current. There is actually FTC warnings to them to increase their advertising warnings to consumers and a past Class Action Lawsuit. More are coming ....

Pay for an inspection , dont use Carfax !

timaishu
12-15-2011, 06:56 PM
DONT TRUST CARFAX ....

I am currently involved in an issue with them. It turns out in South Florida accident reports are not public record for more than 12 months. Because of a time delay in Carfax reporting, records for the past 24 months are NOT current. There is actually FTC warnings to them to increase their advertising warnings to consumers and a past Class Action Lawsuit. More are coming ....

:iagree: Carfax is garbage.

Harleyguy
12-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Mark if you still want a Car Fax let me know I should be able to help you out . If you need it right away I will check my PM's at work tomorrow and see if I can get it for before the end of the day .

WRAPT C5Z06
12-16-2011, 12:38 AM
DONT TRUST CARFAX ....

That's crazy, I never new that! The Carfax would be for my own car. I had some non paint and body repairs on my car. I had to go through my insurance. I'm just wondering if Carfax shows an "accident reported". Carfax is garbage, I'd just like to know the history of my car, when and if I decide to sell it.

Mark if you still want a Car Fax let me know I should be able to help you out . If you need it right away I will check my PM's at work tomorrow and see if I can get it for before the end of the day .
I think I got it covered. Thanks for looking out, Adam. :dblthumb2: :props:

IID
12-16-2011, 04:48 AM
I'm just wondering if Carfax shows an "accident reported". Carfax is garbage, I'd just like to know the history of my car, when and if I decide to sell it.

Not to side track your thread Mark,what year is your Z-oh-6 ?
How many miles are on it??
(I apologize for asking):)

WRAPT C5Z06
12-16-2011, 09:25 AM
Not to side track your thread Mark,what year is your Z-oh-6 ?
How many miles are on it??
(I apologize for asking):)

2007, 30K miles. It's my daily driver. :dblthumb2:

I ran over a steel beam, an it broke radiator and some surrounding parts. Very expensive repairs, so I went through my insurance. Only a few small "spider webs" on the front bumper, but there was no way I'm repainting a whole bumper for a few small defects. You would only see it if you're looking for it. :dblthumb2:

Flash Gordon
12-16-2011, 09:31 AM
I had a customer slam his 911 against a retaining wall on the interstate and it never showed up on Carhax

C. Charles Hahn
12-16-2011, 02:04 PM
I would run an AutoCheck report too (or instead) -- those seem to be more thorough and get new incidents reported faster....

WRAPT C5Z06
12-16-2011, 02:06 PM
I would run an AutoCheck report too (or instead) -- those seem to be more thorough and get new incidents reported faster....
My buddy ran an AutoCheck for me. Clear! :dblthumb2: