PDA

View Full Version : Paper Leather.

pcw25
12-14-2011, 06:23 PM
So today I received a vehicle from a friend of mine. He has a 2008 BMW 5 series. The leather literally feels like paper and is rough on your skin, but not dirty. What leather combination will help bring the suppleness back to the leather?

Theostoubos
12-14-2011, 06:46 PM
A lot of people really like Leatherique. They have a rejuvanator oil that you apply first and after a 24 hr period you clean it up with their other product called Prestine clean. Very hard leather might take multiple applications to be restored.

LuxuryMobile
12-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Alot of BMW leather does not need to be conditioned. Just cleaned. The conditioner wont actually soak in and make the seats any softer.

courtdale
12-14-2011, 10:33 PM
Alot of BMW leather does not need to be conditioned. Just cleaned. The conditioner wont actually soak in and make the seats any softer.

Worried about that myself. About to give my seats an overhaul, but not sure as to whether they're leather or leatherette. Did the VIN# research thing and still wasnt able to get a definite answer.

andrew b
12-15-2011, 09:32 AM

Exactly true of most later model BMWs. I use a combination leather cleaner/conditioner, but to get them really clean I'll use something like DP all interior cleaner and clean them like they're just plastic or vinyl using a soft boars hair brush. The conditioner just smells nice :)