PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss 901 PH and Wax stripping?

Pages : [1] 2 3

WRXINXS
12-14-2011, 09:19 AM
Hello,

Autogeek says that 901 will not strip wax and that it is PH neutral. But on the back of my Duragloss bottle it does not say anything about being PH neutral and it says only that it will not strip "Durable Polishes". Should I trust the autogeek website over the bottle?

Thanks,
Drew

BobbyG
12-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Hi Drew,

I've used Duragloss 901 for several years not and in fact it's my favorite car wash. I've never had it damage the sealant or wax and found it to be very economical.

Mixing the correct dilution amounts is also important to adhere to as the stronger the solution the more aggressive it becomes and could "possibly" degrade the protective coatings.

Give one of the Autogeek customer service folks a call and voice your concern. These folks are great, friendly, and will help in any way they can...:props:

WRXINXS
12-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Bobby G what Dilution ratio do you use. I emailed the company and they said 1:1

BobbyG
12-14-2011, 10:10 AM
Bobby G what Dilution ratio do you use. I emailed the company and they said 1:1

If Duragloss indicated 1:1 this generally means 1 part product to 1 part water which is wrong on their part.

1 ounce of car wash per one gallon of water is what I use. This ratio is somewhat standard with most car wash products but always look at the instructions on the bottle to be sure...:props:

WRXINXS
12-14-2011, 01:13 PM
sorry one ounce to one gallon is what they said and what I meant not 1:1

WRXINXS
12-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Just talked to someone at Duragloss and they said:
1. You can use even more than one ounce per gallon for added lubricity.
2. Just about PH neutral (you could even wash your hair in it).
3. Designed not to strip wax or "polish".

~Drew

richy
12-14-2011, 03:26 PM

~Drew

exactly right!

VISITOR
12-14-2011, 04:22 PM
i use 2 ounces to about 4 gallons of water with no problem...

FUNX650
12-14-2011, 05:29 PM

~Drew

Duragloss 901 is an excellent car washing shampoo. I use it, among some others. It depends...if you know what I mean (So many choices).

Being just about PH neutral sounds, and probably is, very nice. Same goes for the: Designed not to strip aspect.

But, I've often wondered: If a car washing shampoo is so "mild"...even to the: "Could even wash your hair in it" mildness-level...How much 'cleaning ability' does it actually have? That meaning: What road/airborne contaminates will it effectively remove from vehicles' surfaces....especially during a single, once around, car washing session.

Doesn't mean I won't use them...Just makes me a little curious, that's all.

As someone at Duragloss stated to you:
"You can use even more than one ounce per gallon for added lubricity."

Does this claim of additional lubricity (with additional 901 product added per gallon of water) also equate to more, (perhaps stronger?), or, thorough, 'cleaning ability'? What will changing the "recommended dosage" do to the PH level? Would it then have "stripping wax/polishes" attributes?

:)

Bob

dad07
12-14-2011, 07:10 PM

~Drew

DG said that?

I love this stuff for washing cars.....and if I can wash my hair with it( what little I've got left) I'm going to have to try it!

I will be able to save money on shampoo!

WRXINXS
12-14-2011, 07:34 PM
DG said that?

I love this stuff for washing cars.....and if I can wash my hair with it( what little I've got left) I'm going to have to try it!

I will be able to save money on shampoo!

Yeah somehow I still would not try it lol!!:)

tw33k2514
12-14-2011, 08:05 PM
Il wash my hair with it tomorrow and get back to you lol

rwright
12-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Chances are you spoke to Jerry, and if he said it then go with it. He is one of the founders and the man that makes the stuff we use. A great alternative is Richy, yes the one who posted above.

richy
12-14-2011, 08:21 PM
Il wash my hair with it tomorrow and get back to you lol

Ben, I kid you not, mix 8 oz of 901 to about an ounce of lemon juice (ups the acidity) and it is a great shampoo. I've been using it for about 2 years. Jerry told me the mix for it BTW, I didn't just pull that out of my butt.

tw33k2514
12-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Ben, I kid you not, mix 8 oz of 901 to about an ounce of lemon juice (ups the acidity) and it is a great shampoo. I've been using it for about 2 years. Jerry told me the mix for it BTW, I didn't just pull that out of my butt.

I am seriously going to do this tomorrow. It will give me even more reason to buy it by the gallon if this works well.