PDA

View Full Version : Selective Parking

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

CAMAROZL1
12-13-2011, 11:23 PM
So my girl gets mad at me how we always have to walk further to movies, dinner, or anywhere we go cause I won't park near certain objects or cars. She laughs, gets mad, and tells me Im too cautious and paranoid too. Today, she goes out with some friends to see a movie. I tell her, when she parks the car, to park in either the parking structure, or way in the back so the car won't be touched. Her being the "smart one" parks near a bunch of unmanned grocery carts. About 2 hours later I get a call about how a cart has hit her car. Once i saw the car I couldn't believe the dent that was left in her brand new car. Now we have to get whole front bumper and driver side fender replaced after I just did a detail job on it with my BF products. Such a sad day today.

tuscarora dave
12-13-2011, 11:25 PM
And they say women are smarter than men. Huh...

CAMAROZL1
12-13-2011, 11:34 PM
no kidding Im so hurt by this love that care. now have to get it repainted and redo the whole process. Im going to have to teach her the proper way to park a car

oldmodman
12-13-2011, 11:35 PM
And they say women are smarter than men. Huh...

Better be careful!

Just remember who takes your orders around here.

He didn't mean it Meghan :grouphug:

davey g-force
12-13-2011, 11:55 PM
I do the exact same thing and get the same response from my Mrs.

Knock on wood, but if anything were to happen to her car, at least I too could say "I told you so" lol..

RFulmer
12-14-2011, 12:06 AM
Both my wife and I are very picky parkers. We don't mind walking at all, an extra 30 yards walking is better than a door ding. Sometimes we can't find spot far enough away.

We will decide which car we are going to drive depending on what the parking will be like. Our 2004 4-Runner will get parked anywhere and it doesn't have a mark or dent on it. My wife's Lexus has been babied but has one door ding from that one time we had to park next to someone. I don't park my Mini next to anyone, I'd rather drive around while she shops and pick her up when she's done :-) But I can usually find a lonesome spot somewhere.

tw33k2514
12-14-2011, 12:29 AM
I'm the same way. I always park in the back of the lot. My girlfriend wants to stab me....

davey g-force
12-14-2011, 12:32 AM
Both my wife and I are very picky parkers. We don't mind walking at all, an extra 30 yards walking is better than a door ding. Sometimes we can't find spot far enough away.

We will decide which car we are going to drive depending on what the parking will be like.

This sounds like Utopia! :xyxthumbs:

RFulmer
12-14-2011, 12:37 AM
This sounds like Utopia! :xyxthumbs:

Having 4 cars for 2 people is nice sometimes. I'll park my work van in the front door if I can. It gets waxed ever two years weather it needs it or not. I have just discovered AIO's and it'll be getting that from now on.

zmanz
12-14-2011, 01:21 AM
what I don't get is the magnetic feature that a nice shiny car seems to have in a parking lot.

There will be 20 spaces in the row we are in that are closer to the store and I will be 5 spaces away from the nearest car and yet when we get back out someone will have parked right next to us. Leaving 19 spaces that would have gotten them closer to the store.

We do the same thing with picking the vehicle we like less for the worse parking lots. Ironically though it has gotten less door dings through the years

Spiney
12-14-2011, 01:54 AM
We bought a garage queen 96 SVT Cobra Mustang, Black this summer. Not one dent. It does not go shopping. The rare times we take it somewhere that requires parking we park in the remotest area possible. Both my wife and I are very anal about it. We have a daily driver Volvo wagon and a worse 90 Ranger pickup that I will park most anywhere. The people my wife works with beg her to drive Cobra to work. We both agree no way. I've dropped her off a couple of times that's it. I agree that you can park as safely and remote as possible and come out and some damn person will park a beater next to you. I swear they do it on purpose.

timaishu
12-14-2011, 03:32 AM
I am the same way as well.

I will park in the furthese spot possible.

If parking far isnt an option. I will only accept a corner spot.

I love parking on the very end of a row because they usually have that no mans land with lines through it to help guide people to drive around the parked cars. I will park my car 1 or 2 feet into that zone giving me like 5 feet of clearance from the car next to me.

If its an end with a curb, Ill only take one that places me to the right of the car I am next to. The chances of them having a passenger door to deal with wont be as high.

BobbyG
12-14-2011, 06:07 AM
Does anyone here find it at all surprising how similar we are in how or where we part our cars? I feel it safe to say that there Meghan is an exception rather than the rule which makes her pretty special. :props:

KneeDragr
12-14-2011, 08:55 AM
So my girl gets mad at me how we always have to walk further to movies, dinner, or anywhere we go cause I won't park near certain objects or cars. She laughs, gets mad, and tells me Im too cautious and paranoid too. Today, she goes out with some friends to see a movie. I tell her, when she parks the car, to park in either the parking structure, or way in the back so the car won't be touched. Her being the "smart one" parks near a bunch of unmanned grocery carts. About 2 hours later I get a call about how a cart has hit her car. Once i saw the car I couldn't believe the dent that was left in her brand new car. Now we have to get whole front bumper and driver side fender replaced after I just did a detail job on it with my BF products. Such a sad day today.

She does not sound like a keeper. She knows this is important to you but chose to ignore your wishes over a minor inconvenience.

My wife would never do something like that to me. Personally I would give this girl the repair bill and dump her once she pays.

alko
12-14-2011, 09:09 AM
Yep...I'm the same way...park WAY far away. But you know what absolutely gets under my skin?!?!....when I park all the way in East Jablip and some jerk still parks next to me. Thats just like someone coming into the bathroom at work and sitting in the stall next to me when there are 4 other EMPTY stalls.....WHY?!?!?!?!