PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the 4" FLAT Constant Pressure pads?

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
12-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Why are they no longer available?

WRXINXS
12-13-2011, 10:05 PM
I see what you mean, they only have the 4" CCS Spot Buffs. Were the flats ever available through autogeek?

WRAPT C5Z06
12-13-2011, 10:11 PM
I see what you mean, they only have the 4" CCS Spot Buffs. Were the flats ever available through autogeek?
Not through AG, but AG has carried over the line from the previous exclusive constant pressure retailer. They used to be available there.

TLMitchell
12-14-2011, 12:31 AM

AG used to have some 4" thin, flat orange pads that were always at clearance prices. Best 4" pads I ever used. Everything LC makes is available in 3", 3.5" & 4" sizes. Griot's 3" polishers are flying out the door but nobody wants to carry a nice variety of smaller, flat pads. Go figure.

TL

WRAPT C5Z06
12-14-2011, 12:43 AM
AG used to have some 4" thin, flat orange pads that were always at clearance prices. Best 4" pads I ever used. Everything LC makes is available in 3", 3.5" & 4" sizes. Griot's 3" polishers are flying out the door but nobody wants to carry a nice variety of smaller, flat pads. Go figure.

TL
I just ordered a bunch of LC constant pressure pads, I really like the feel of these when polishing. It would be nice to be able to get a matching set of 4" constant pressure pads. Thickness isn't an issue, now that LC is making a 4" 3401 backing plate.

VISITOR
12-14-2011, 03:08 AM

TL

i asked a sent a PM a long time ago and asked if these would be available in white, black, etc., and the response i got was they weren't popular enough and/or in demand to have them made. the orange ones aren't even available anymore, go figure...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/customer-comments/33064-hey-ag-any-chance-getting.html

Twister
12-14-2011, 06:12 AM

TL

I remember those, in fact I used one the other day. They would always give them away free if you bought the 4" CCS 6 pack. I always liked the flat version better than the CCS. They feel better to me when polishing

IID
12-14-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm glad I picked up some 4" CP Pads before the closing of PAC because the CP and Uber pads are my go to's.
Thou I would purchase future orders of 4" CP Pads if AG offered them.

RTexasF
12-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Cyclo pads work for me, both on the Cyclo (obviously), and an aging PC7336 with a small backing plate.

embolism
12-14-2011, 10:18 AM
hey guys, what pad do you think would go best with the new 2 7/8 in LC flexible bp?

I'm thinking the 3 inch griots pads but my only choices are orange and red. I'll be using power finish on some smaller areas around the licence plate and emblems in the spring...

looking for the equivalent of a white LC flat or tangerine hydrotech ideally.

are 4 inch pads too big for that bp? Then I could look at hydro and cyclo pads...

TLMitchell
12-14-2011, 10:29 AM
I just ordered a bunch of LC constant pressure pads, I really like the feel of these when polishing. It would be nice to be able to get a matching set of 4" constant pressure pads. Thickness isn't an issue, now that LC is making a 4" 3401 backing plate.

If you tried the thins you'd like 'em. Same difference as the thick vs thin HydroTechs.

What's going on with the love/hate relationship with the 3401? I peddled my 3401 after using it twice, the lack of being able to change to any backing plate was the primary reason. Chasing it around the paint was another. I find the PE14 much easier to use when I need that kind of horsepower.

i asked a sent a PM a long time ago and asked if these would be available in white, black, etc., and the response i got was they weren't popular enough and/or in demand to have them made. the orange ones aren't even available anymore, go figure...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/customer-comments/33064-hey-ag-any-chance-getting.html

I remember those, in fact I used one the other day. They would always give them away free if you bought the 4" CCS 6 pack. I always liked the flat version better than the CCS. They feel better to me when polishing

I'm glad I picked up some 4" CP Pads before the closing of PAC because the CP and Uber pads are my go to's.
Thou I would purchase future orders of 4" CP Pads if AG offered them.

I think they're more popular than people think. Every time the subject comes up numerous people post saying how much they like them. I emailed LC to see if some of the pads no one seems to carry are available direct or at least a pointer to someone that carries them. No reply.

TL

IID
12-14-2011, 10:37 AM
I think they're more popular than people think. Every time the subject comes up numerous people post saying how much they like them. I emailed LC to see if some of the pads no one seems to carry are available direct or at least a pointer to someone that carries them. No reply.

TL

Please let me/us know if/when you hear back.
Thank You.

CEE DOG
12-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Mark, grab up some 4" HT pads! :dancebanana: Jut kidding, I know your not a big fan.

Thats what I use with my 3 15/16" Backing Plate on my 3401 though! :thumbsup:

Tim, imo 4" pad is too big for a 2 7/8" bp. I think your choice of 3" is optimal.

WRAPT C5Z06
12-14-2011, 11:27 AM
What's going on with the love/hate relationship with the 3401?

:laughing:

Well, I've been using the Griot's DA a lot lately, and I'm just fed up how the pad stops rotating(or slows rotation) on any non-flat panel. It slows me down. I just can't deny the forced rotation of the 3401, even though it does have a mind of it's own.

Mark, grab up some 4" HT pads! :dancebanana: Jut kidding, I know your not a big fan.

You know me all to well. Yeah, I'm just not a big fan of those pads. I can't wait to get the 3401 4" backing plate(I pre-ordered it). Im the MAN

TLMitchell
12-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Please let me/us know if/when you hear back.
Thank You.

Don't hold your breath. I emailed 'em twicw in the last 6 months without reply.

TL