PDA

View Full Version : tool question

Pages : [1] 2

robert1955
12-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Michael:

What is the long black tool you are using on the car in you video on Show car detailing. I want to buy one. You use it to apply something or go over the paint not quite sure . Is this confidential information hope not. Can you share it with us?
Retairer detailer
Bob Geco
krwaxbz@yahoo.com
310-839-8337

shoeless89
12-13-2011, 09:51 PM
I have no idea what you are talking about :dunno: maybe post a link of the video you are talking about?

robert1955
12-15-2011, 01:58 AM
Michael:

What is the long black tool you are using on the car in you video on Show car detailing. I want to buy one. You use it to apply something or go over the paint not quite sure . Is this confidential information hope not. Can you share it with us?
Retairer detailer
Bob Geco
krwaxbz@yahoo.com
310-839-8337

no its in the Show car garage video have a look?
Bob Geco

tuscarora dave
12-15-2011, 05:55 AM
no its in the Show car garage video have a look?
Bob Geco
You've got me curious about this tool but there is a whole forum section full of "show car garage" videos covering a lot of different tools/products/techniques. Care to narrow the choices down to one video so that someone can answer your question for you?

FUNX650
12-15-2011, 08:53 AM
Michael:

What is the long black "tool" you are using on the car in you video on Show car detailing. I want to buy one. You use it to apply something or go over the paint not quite sure . Is this confidential information hope not. Can you share it with us?
Retairer detailer
Bob Geco
krwaxbz@yahoo.com
310-839-8337

Unless this is some l33tsp33k, why is this so hard to understand?

:D

Bob

Setec Astronomy
12-15-2011, 09:14 AM
Unless this is some l33tsp33k, why is this so hard to understand?

I don't understand this part: Retairer detailer

2old2change
12-15-2011, 09:26 AM
He is talking about Mikes first DVD "How to use a PC" that was produced long before he came to AG. I think it was done with Richard Lynn of Show Car Detailing.Mike did a old corvette in black for the demo.I have a copy and maybe Mike can chime in with the answer. Been a while since I've watched it. I think Robert meant to type : Retired Detailer.

2old2change
12-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Setec-Astronomy clear your PM inbox.

BobbyG
12-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Michael:

Retairer detailer
Bob Geco
krwaxbz@yahoo.com
310-839-8337

Bob,

Is this what you're referring to?

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/ChevySSR066.jpg

If so the tool being used is a dual action polisher offer through Meguiar's...

Meguiars Dual Action Polisher G110, meguiars g110 polisher, meguiars polisher, (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-dual-action-polisher-g110.html)

robert1955
12-16-2011, 01:14 PM
No Non No! look at the show car detailing demo tape . their is not speaking it is cuts from you classes. at the end you have this long black rod with something on it you are going over the hood doing something could it be a vacuum of some sort?. I also noticed you using it in the interior of the candy apple red Corvette? in the end you cross you shoulders.
DA Da the end. super detailer! LOL not offence meant I am describing what I saw. I think it is on the form.
Bob Geco

alko
12-16-2011, 01:26 PM
No Non No! look at the show car detailing demo tape . their is not speaking it is cuts from you classes. at the end you have this long black rod with something on it you are going over the hood doing something could it be a vacuum of some sort?. I also noticed you using it in the interior of the candy apple red Corvette? in the end you cross you shoulders.
DA Da the end. super detailer! LOL not offence meant I am describing what I saw. I think it is on the form.
Bob Geco

Bob...copy the URL from whatever link you are speaking about and then post it here. You're not giving us alot of information based on your description. It could be anything as Mike as used alot of tools and has made alot of detailing demo video's.

Bigpat
12-16-2011, 02:30 PM
I dunno call me crazy but.... you dont even know what it does but want to buy one......i cant imagine its that important if you cant even tell us definitively what he was doing with it

Tundra_10
12-16-2011, 02:56 PM
is it under one of these videos?

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-car-garage-how-videos/24344-show-car-garage-video-how-apply-synthetic-paint-sealant-hand.html

or this one

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-car-garage-how-videos/24317-show-car-garage-video-how-clean-protect-cloth-convertible-top.html

Are you talking about the metro vac?

2old2change
12-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Bob Geco

Are you talking about a California Duster ?

Bobby B.
12-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Maybe Boars Hair Wash Brush with Telescopic Handle?

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2187_13258097