PDA

View Full Version : Another use for XMT

tamvegas
02-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Hi All,
A week ago I scrubbed down the interior of my 328ci totally with a 10 to 1 of Simple Green. It did a wonderfull job! Cleaner than when I bought it 3 years ago. I had been using Lexol for about 8 years on my interiors, yet always had a major problem with dirt/dust collecting on all surfaces. I found a heavy oily slick in the rinse water from cleaning with the Simple Green and had to conclude this was from the Lexol:( . Now the interior has a beautiful sodt matte finish. Returned the Lexol I had just bought and got Megs vinyl and rubber treatment. Look great! Soft sheen with no residue. I know there are probably even better products, but I didn't want to leave my interior naked while waiting for a delivery.

On to the XMT:
I had several heavy scuff marks at the entry and on the base of the bucket seats that would not come out na matter what I did. Scrubbed with full strength Simple and anything else I had. Almost no effect. Then last night before work on an impluse I tried a couple drops of XMT #3 on a nylon sponge. A couple minutes later and they were almost gone!! Went over the areas again today and in a few more minutes, GONE! This was on hard plastic with color all the way thru. Light beige. The #3 left no scuffing and did not damage the surface texture of the panels at all. I have some stubborn discoloration on the door panels inside the jam (ostensibly from the rubber seals) that I'm going to try some XMT #1 on next.

Anybody else tried the XMT compunds on stuff like this?

Jimmie
02-23-2007, 08:03 PM
No but I will. Thanks for the tip.

supercharged
02-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Hi All,
A week ago I scrubbed down the interior of my 328ci totally with a 10 to 1 of Simple Green. It did a wonderfull job! Cleaner than when I bought it 3 years ago. I had been using Lexol for about 8 years on my interiors, yet always had a major problem with dirt/dust collecting on all surfaces. I found a heavy oily slick in the rinse water from cleaning with the Simple Green and had to conclude this was from the Lexol:( . Now the interior has a beautiful sodt matte finish. Returned the Lexol I had just bought and got Megs vinyl and rubber treatment. Look great! Soft sheen with no residue. I know there are probably even better products, but I didn't want to leave my interior naked while waiting for a delivery.

On to the XMT:
I had several heavy scuff marks at the entry and on the base of the bucket seats that would not come out na matter what I did. Scrubbed with full strength Simple and anything else I had. Almost no effect. Then last night before work on an impluse I tried a couple drops of XMT #3 on a nylon sponge. A couple minutes later and they were almost gone!! Went over the areas again today and in a few more minutes, GONE! This was on hard plastic with color all the way thru. Light beige. The #3 left no scuffing and did not damage the surface texture of the panels at all. I have some stubborn discoloration on the door panels inside the jam (ostensibly from the rubber seals) that I'm going to try some XMT #1 on next.

Anybody else tried the XMT compunds on stuff like this?
Stay away from Lexol. It's oily, sticky, and static.
I will take Pinnacle, Wolfgang, or 303 protectant over Lexol any day.

RallyMSP
02-24-2007, 12:47 AM
Wierd. I always thought people liked Lexol vinylex and stuff. I did switch to DP interior protectant and it seems to give that matte finish. And the banana smell is kinda addicting. I'm kinda use to the bit of shinyness though of Lexol.

I may try some XMT on my plasticky vinyl seat insert. I have this stain that won't come off. Thanx for the tip.

tamvegas
02-24-2007, 01:04 AM
Stay away form Lexol. It's oily, sticky, and static.
I will take Pinnacle, Wolfgang, or 303 protectant over Lexol any day.
Totally correct. Always thought the filthy interior surfaces were just a part of life in Vegas! With the light beige interior I have now it just drove me to scrub! I'll probably try Pinnacle with my birthday discount order (keeps growing).

Is Pinnacle and Wolfgang that much superior to Megs?

supercharged
02-24-2007, 01:10 AM
Totally correct. Always thought the filthy interior surfaces were just a part of life in Vegas! With the light beige interior I have now it just drove me to scrub! I'll probably try Pinnacle with my birthday discount order (keeps growing).

Is Pinnacle and Wolfgang that much superior to Megs?
Yep, Pinnacle and Wolfgang are superior to Meguiar's.

supercharged
02-24-2007, 01:13 AM
Wierd. I always thought people liked Lexol vinylex and stuff. I did switch to DP interior protectant and it seems to give that matte finish. And the banana smell is kinda addicting. I'm kinda use to the bit of shinyness though of Lexol.

I may try some XMT on my plasticky vinyl seat insert. I have this stain that won't come off. Thanx for the tip.
Lexol is the best leather conditioner you can get at local Pep Boys, but it's not quite Pinnacle/Wolfgang.
Lexol kinda reminds me of Leatherique, which has a similar conditioner. But with Leatherique you first you Rejuvenator Oil, then you use a cleaner to clean up all the dirt and oil.

RallyMSP
02-24-2007, 03:20 AM
Yeah I bought some lexol leather conditioner and cleaner wipes from here I believe. Seems to do the job. Though after I use the conditioner the leather on the shift boot and steering wheel has a tacky sticky feeling to em. Goes a way after a while and is easy and fast to use.

orngez
02-24-2007, 05:18 AM
303 is definitely the way to go..it's the only thing i use on every car I do...and yes depending on the type of plastic...if it is rough a higher level of swirl remover is good to get rid of scratches and if it is a smooth plastic trim use the lightest abrasive polish you can..xmt #1 or any finishing polish works great on smooth interior plastic...avoid trying this technique on smooth black plastic trim...doesnt work and leaves a sand paper like roughness behind...

sparkie
02-25-2007, 05:02 AM
bought and got Megs vinyl and rubber treatment. Look great! Soft sheen with no residue.
Would that be Megs #40?
Thanks for the tip on XMT!

303, DG201, Pinnacle, FK1 and Megs#40 has about the same look on vinyl. All will be great on inside vinyl IMO.