PDA

View Full Version : Considering going mobile.

New Image
12-11-2011, 07:33 PM
So i have been considering going semi-mobile. I dont have truck but a van that i can load my power washer and misc tools. I was going to mention to potential customers that a water faucet and electrical outlet was needed. I would not charge extra or a traveling fee since i will be using their water and electric. My question for you guys who are mobile now is...

What kind of issues do you guys run into when doing mobile work if any?

Do you guys request a certain amount of deposit?

And have you guys ever experience some not paying after the work has been completed?

Thanks!

Dugdug
12-11-2011, 08:01 PM
I don't ask for a deposit. Before I do the vehicle I let it be known that I take cash or check. Never had any issues. Also, Why not just use your own water? I don't use the customers water, I bring my own and use ONR. But then again, maybe you like to use your power washer.

All I ask from my customers is to be fairly close to an outlet to be able to run my machines. And if they can park it in the shade. Eventually I will get a van and a generator. I currently run out of my SUV and I have no room for a generator.

shoeless89
12-11-2011, 11:48 PM
I'm mobile and I detail out of my 2007 Toyota Corolla :props: I don't use a pressure washer or bring my own water on mobile details for obvious reasons. For me, there's nothing I can't do without those tools. I let customers I will be using their water and electric, and if they have a problem with it I let them know they can come to me lol. If anyone really has that big of a problem with it, then I don't really want them as a customer. No I don't take deposits or anything like that, I'm a little confused on what the purpose of that would be? I don't know how far you'r looking at traveling but I personally won't travel more then ~30ish miles unless its for a pretty big job or an amazing customer/client.

Dugdug
12-11-2011, 11:51 PM
I'm mobile and I detail out of my 2007 Toyota Corolla :props: I don't use a pressure washer or bring my own water on mobile details for obvious reasons. For me, there's nothing I can't do without those tools. I let customers I will be using their water and electric, and if they have a problem with it I let them know they can come to me lol. If anyone really has that big of a problem with it, then I don't really want them as a customer. No I don't take deposits or anything like that, I'm a little confused on what the purpose of that would be? I don't know how far you'r looking at traveling but I personally won't travel more then ~30ish miles unless its for a pretty big job or an amazing customer/client.
Yeah, If they have an issue with power, I tell them they can bring it to me (wich I prefer anyways) and I never have any Issues.

Every once in a wile I go to this guys house and run 2 extension cords down from his 3rd floor balcony apartment lol

New Image
12-12-2011, 01:47 PM
I do use ONR but i like using the power washer to get in between tight spots and such.

As for the deposit, im wondering how often if any, does a customer not call to cancel and you dont find out until you've traveled to their home and find out no one is there.

I wasnt planing on charging any additional fees, because i dont think its fair that im using their water and their electricity and on top of that charging for extra.

Dugdug
12-12-2011, 07:46 PM
I do use ONR but i like using the power washer to get in between tight spots and such.

As for the deposit, im wondering how often if any, does a customer not call to cancel and you dont find out until you've traveled to their home and find out no one is there.

I wasnt planing on charging any additional fees, because i dont think its fair that im using their water and their electricity and on top of that charging for extra.

I have had people cancel without informing me, doesn't happen often tho. That's why I make sure to tell them that I will be calling the night before and if I don't hear back from them up until their appointment. I won't be showing up. I make appointments sometimes weeks ahead, so people do forget. It lights a fire under their butt lol Just today, I had 2 appointments and nobody answered their phone... 1st person called me 10 mins before the detail appointment to confirm it. Good thing she was down the street lol the other one called me 15 mins out.

Most times when they dont answer or don't call back, they eventually do. I say just be patient, you're dealing with humans lol I wouldn't worry about deposits.