PDA

View Full Version : Going from Workshop > Mobile help

apg39
12-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Morning (at least it is here).

By the looks of things I'll be changing my detailing work from workshop based to mobile. Most would see the reverse as the ideal situation but mine is motivated by money more than anything. The rent on the workshop I am in is the cheapest around & currently ~30% of my income goes towards it...alot when I don't already have much $. Now my lease is nearly up & I know an increase is on it's way & there's no way I can commit to 2 years when things are that tight. Business doesn't seem to be getting any better here even though we are into the warm seasons.

So I'm biting the bullet & going from full time workshop to (most likely) part time mobile. I can't close the doors completely, as much as I would like to at the moment, because we've paid about $10k in 'goodwill' & can't just throw that away. I know weather is now my enemy compared to undercover workshop.

Need some help/tips from anyone thats done it before or can help me out with ideas. I've obviously already got supplies, just need a more portable pressure washer. Got a HiLux utility already so should be able to run a small water tank in the back.

Feed back please

215Detailing
12-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Morning (at least it is here).

By the looks of things I'll be changing my detailing work from workshop based to mobile. Most would see the reverse as the ideal situation but mine is motivated by money more than anything. The rent on the workshop I am in is the cheapest around & currently ~30% of my income goes towards it...alot when I don't already have much $. Now my lease is nearly up & I know an increase is on it's way & there's no way I can commit to 2 years when things are that tight. Business doesn't seem to be getting any better here even though we are into the warm seasons.

So I'm biting the bullet & going from full time workshop to (most likely) part time mobile. I can't close the doors completely, as much as I would like to at the moment, because we've paid about $10k in 'goodwill' & can't just throw that away. I know weather is now my enemy compared to undercover workshop.

Need some help/tips from anyone thats done it before or can help me out with ideas. I've obviously already got supplies, just need a more portable pressure washer. Got a HiLux utility already so should be able to run a small water tank in the back.

Feed back please

If you have a generator or electric supply this KRANZLE Is an excellent pressure washer
Atlantic Pressure Washers - Power Washers, Parts and Accessories for Sale (http://www.atlanticpressurewashers.com/Professional_Commercial_Pressure_Washer_Electric_C old_Water_110V_15A_KranzleUSA_K1600_1400_PSI_2.0_G PM.html)

Perfections
12-14-2011, 10:51 PM
If moneys tight get a karcher, will last about a year being used everyday 5-6 days a week, if moneys not a problem get the kranzle, as far as water and electricity most people are gonna be cool with you using their hook ups at their house, but if your planning in doing business at used cars lots or businesses it can get tough, I just have long extension cords and hoses. if your looking at getting a van, check out the ford transit, it's sweet and great gas mpg. If you want to pursue a generator Honda makes em to last and they are quiet! Also you might want to get a portable canopy, don't get the ez up, they suck, try and find the Coleman 10x10, it's cheap and held up better then my pasted 3 ez ups. Other then that I can't think of anything else, but if you have anything else let us know :)

215Detailing
03-24-2014, 11:42 AM
I bought a small (35 Gallon) water tank last week
Leg Style Storage Tank, 35 gal. - Tractor Supply Co. (http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/leg-style-storage-tank-35-gal)