PDA

View Full Version : Sparty's First Detail

sparty
12-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Hello,

I just became a member of this forum this past week after lurking for some time. I took deliver of my new car this past week also and began looking for detailing advice. I ordered a bunch of products from Autogeek because of the awesome sales event. I have a nice selection of Pinnacle products headed my way.

Today, I detailed my new car for the first time. Took my time doing it and enjoyed the process - but my lower back did not!
Even though it is a new car with only 17 miles on the odometer, I did a 3 step process on the paint and then I sealed the rims and front grill. Did not seal the paint. I have a full panoramic glass roof and I would like to seal the glass, but I am not sure what product to use. I have Rain-X in my garage but did not use it.

I snapped a few pictures of the finished job. I forgot to snap the before pics, but it was still dark out this morning when I began.

Anyway, let me know what you think and recommend.

Thanks,
Sparty

tw33k2514
12-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Turned out awesome. What products did you use?

rider9195
12-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Very nice Sparty!

Personally I have used Diamondite Glasswork Shield on the windshield and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant on all other glass.

Get that paint protected! :props:

BobbyG
12-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Something tells me you enjoyed detailing your new car with all the great products you bought. Detailing can be an extremely satisfying hobby and make your car the envy on the block.

Your new Honda looks spectacular! :props:

The factory paint is baked and ready for a good layer of sealant or wax...or both. Protecting the finish as soon as you can will only protect it from the forces determined to destroy it.

Autogeek carries many great sealants and waxes so consider adding them to your arsenal sooner than later...:props:

Sealants & Waxes (http://www.autogeek.net/carwax.html)

jekyl05
12-10-2011, 05:29 PM
excellent job and nice car as well... i have noticed the first few times i have polished/waxed for any length of time my lower back will hurt. after buying a creeper seat that seems to have helped.

sparty
12-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Turned out awesome. What products did you use?

I used Wolfgang Auto Bath, Wolfgang Gloss Enhancer, and Wolfgang Fuzion Estate Wax. I sealed the plastic grill with Opti. and the wheels with Wolfgang spritz sealant.

I wasn't sure if I should seal the paint with the spritz. I can do that tomorrow.

Thanks.

shoeless89
12-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Ride looks great! KIA has done an impressive job on redesigning their cars.