PDA

View Full Version : Best idea ever, buy then hold to ship later.

Pages : [1] 2

Jons6.7
12-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Ok so what if we could buy a product, say the current deal for Pinnacle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner and instead of having it shipped out today you get a "bin" to put it in with say a 7 day delay on shipping so that since you know your going to be ordering other items this week and you don't want to pay to ship each small order.

This way you could buy more items that come up that do not themselves count as a worthwhile reason to jump on a single deal.

The second part would be some type of delayed shipping for those of us who know we will be out of town for a week or 2 and will not have anyone home to get the packages inside for us.

rider9195
12-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Having these one day deals and if someone wants that product at that price they will have to pay for shipping. It is just how Auto Geek makes more money probably.

Just spend $95 or more and use the free shipping code :)

gumball
12-09-2011, 07:47 PM
I was thinking about that last night

DaC
12-09-2011, 07:50 PM
Well... I agree this is a way to force people to place over $95.00 orders... but maybe they could sell even more if they gave 1 week or so product hold before charging shipping.... or maybe while the promo lasts....
I said that about the 2011 cyber buster.... I saw many guys complaining about it and dropping a full cart because they weren't able to get all promos together to make only 1 shipment..... I even know some guys that found themselves forced into buying with Ag's competitors site because they could hold their discount for longer and although AG does price match they just feel it's better to give their business to the site that keeps for longer their promo prices...

gumball
12-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Ok so what if we could buy a product, say the current deal for Pinnacle Leather Cleaner & Conditioner and instead of having it shipped out today you get a "bin" to put it in with say a 7 day delay on shipping so that since you know your going to be ordering other items this week and you don't want to pay to ship each small order.

This way you could buy more items that come up that do not themselves count as a worthwhile reason to jump on a single deal.

The second part would be some type of delayed shipping for those of us who know we will be out of town for a week or 2 and will not have anyone home to get the packages inside for us.
I had that thought last night.Another company I work with will let my customers pool their orders together and have them sent to me at which point i deliver to them saving on postage.

alko
12-09-2011, 08:07 PM
I say they do this AND lay-a-way!!!

ryanmcg1
12-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Great ideas. I bet AG would make even more money from more customers these ways. AG please think about this and work something out in the future.

alko
12-09-2011, 08:34 PM
If they had lay-a-way I'd put a Flex on lay-a-way quick fast and in a hurry.

C. Charles Hahn
12-09-2011, 09:12 PM
From a logistical standpoint that wouldn't make a lot of sense. In particular it would make inventory control much more difficult, because if they sell an item as "in stock" and suddenly discover they don't have enough on the shelf to support all the bayed orders, they're stuck having to tell customers they can't ship.

alko
12-09-2011, 09:19 PM
From a logistical standpoint that wouldn't make a lot of sense. In particular it would make inventory control much more difficult, because if they sell an item as "in stock" and suddenly discover they don't have enough on the shelf to support all the bayed orders, they're stuck having to tell customers they can't ship.

I see your point, but I'm sure they could figure out a way to control the inventory on lay-a-way. Technically the item would probably have to be marked as sold and inventory adjusted. Lets see if Meghan or Nick could chime in...I'm sure this isn't the first time the idea of lay-a-way came up.

SkateForGirl
12-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Rain checks anyone?

alko
12-09-2011, 09:38 PM
Rain checks anyone?

Yeah I'm with that!!! They're out of the Chinchila MF towels...I saw where people started talking about pre-ordering them but not sure where that thread lead.

IID
12-09-2011, 09:56 PM
They're out of the Chinchila MF towels...I saw where people started talking about pre-ordering them but not sure where that thread lead.

Them Chinchila's must of been a hot item when first introduced.AG and another store have them on back-order.I've been waiting 2weeks for mine and they are still out week(s).

alko
12-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Them Chinchila's must of been a hot item when first introduced.AG and another store have them on back-order.I've been waiting 2weeks for mine and they are still out week(s).

I will be trying out the Chinchila out this weekend. It was included in the give-a-way I won. So excited LOL!

brawl
12-09-2011, 10:31 PM
I think AG will cater to that. Just put it in the comments box.