PDA

View Full Version : CarPro CeriGlass - It really works...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Theostoubos
12-09-2011, 03:36 AM
To begin with I would like to thank Corey "CEE DOG" for posting one more incredible review. I dont POST a lot but I do READ a lot and the reviews that corey does (along of course with everyone else in this forum) are truly essential to help us achieve better results in our passion that is called car detailing. So once again Thank You Corey.

I would also like to share my experience with CeriGlass in an effort to provide more feedback on this new product.

I received today my CarPro CeriGlass Kit and Corey's review couldn't have been posted in a more appropriate time. After reading and watching I went back in the garage to start polishing off my front windshield. Along with the Ceriglass Kit I ordered and received the following :

1.Lake Country 5.5" Glass Polishing Pad - (GPP) Lake Country 5.5 Inch Glass Polishing Pad (http://www.autogeek.net/lc-glass-polishing-pad.html)
2. Lake Country 4" Glass Cutting Pad - (GCP) Glass Polishing Pads, glass cutting pads, glass leveling discs, abraded discs, auto glass polish (http://www.autogeek.net/glass-polishing-pad-4inch.html)

I ordered both as I didn't know which pad would be the most suitable for the job. The tools chosen to tackle the scratches were :

Flex Pe 14-2
Ceriglass Kit
LC Glass Cutiing Pad
LC Glass Polishing Pad

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_21311.jpg

I found photographing glass scratches very difficult. So i tried to record a brief video in the hopes that it will show the condition of the windshield much better.

So here is a brief close up video trying to show the scratches

Windshield Scratches - YouTube (http://youtu.be/pMVGPLj9gjQ)

So I started with the rotary and the GCP but after a short effort with it I stopped as the pad felt really hard and difficult to conform to the curve of the glass. I felt that I was attacking too strong and keeping in mind the quote "use the least aggressive combination to get the job done" I switch to the GPP. The GPP is not a soft pad by any means. At least compared to what we are used to on paint foam pads, but it is way easier to work with than the GCP.

I spread the polish on the lowest setting of the Flex and then continued to polish at setting nr 2 which is 900 rpm. The Polish gets dried relatively quickly so I either sprayed a fine mist couple of times directly onto the glass or a couple of times on the pad. Spraying does help a lot to extend the polishing time. After repeating the spraying process a couple of times I had to re apply polish.

So considering this one section pass, I had to do 3 passes to achieve these results. It's not a professional video but I think it will give you a good idea of what the polish can do. It takes time and patience, but my windshield looks tremendously better than what it was before. I would say at least 85% better.

So that's my 0.2 for Ceriglass. I hope that helps. If anyone wants to ask any questions that might help clarify something i'll be glad to answer any of them.

So here is the video. Please excuse my funny accent. English is not my mother language.

IMG 2140 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaGPEfQPl40&feature=youtu.be)

PS : somebody needs to show me how I can post a youtube url or link in order to see the video within the post.....

Theostoubos
12-09-2011, 03:45 AM
Here is the best 50/50 shot I could get....

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/P1020784_copy.JPG

Will post some more tomorrow.

DaC
12-09-2011, 04:55 AM
Very nice!
It's great to see people are getting consistent results with CeriGlass....
I tried to polish my windshield with griot's glass polishing liquid and pads and almost ruined it.... but I think I have mistaken on the surface preparation and something must have caught on the pad... I'll try to revisit it soon, but I think CeriGlass just looks like the perfect product to achieve what I wanted in the first place, which is to remove these wipers trails caused by sand.... it will make it to my next shopping cart...

tw33k2514
12-09-2011, 05:16 AM
You are just increasing my need for this product. Not to mention, talk about a great up sell!

CEE DOG
12-09-2011, 08:04 AM
Excellent writeup!! And the photo is captured quite well indeed! I didn't watch the video but will later. Thanks for the writeup as I very much enjoyed it and know others will find it useful as well. Cheers!

Theostoubos
12-14-2011, 03:22 AM
Here is a brief "after" video. Very happy with the product and the outcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2wZItPBB5Y&sns=em

Theostoubos
12-14-2011, 03:23 AM
Sorry... Try this one

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2wZItPBB5Y&sns=em]Windshield After Polishing - YouTube[/video]

BobbyG
12-14-2011, 06:20 AM
Because of Corey's insight and testing of several products, they're now part of my detailing arsenal. CarPro CeriGlass is just another example of this and part of an order that should arrive today....:dblthumb2:

The glass came out spectacular! A very well done thread, thank you for taking the time to post...:props:

CEE DOG
12-14-2011, 06:58 AM
Beautiful results!! :dancebanana: Thank you!! And thanks for taking the time to post your most excellent work as well.

dougaross
12-14-2011, 08:08 AM
Abbreviations for what? GGP GCP

Marc08EX
12-14-2011, 08:25 AM

GCP : glass cutting pad
GPP : glass polishing pad

I think...

WRXINXS
12-14-2011, 09:14 AM
I got some Ceriglass on sale that I'm going to try to remove really stubborn water spots from my dad's Maxima windows with. 105 and orange pad took about 70% of the spots off hopefully Ceri will take the rest!

BobbyG
12-14-2011, 09:56 AM
Beautiful results!! :dancebanana: Thank you!! And thanks for taking the time to post your most excellent work as well.

You are da Man! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Theostoubos
12-14-2011, 10:58 AM

GPP = Glass Polishing Pad by Lake Country
GCP = Glass Cuttin Pad by Lake Country

Please see the description and links of products on the beginning of the post.

I would like to add a couple of comments regarding the two pads. I did pretty much all he work with the Polishing Pad. It feels like a very high density foam pad and it is pretty straightforward to work with. It did take me 5 passes to polish off my defects but it was REALLY worth it. The polish goes dry (flashing?) very quickly so you just spray a bit of water either on the pad or on the surface to "keep things going" until the polish is so "watered down" that you have to reapply.

Last thing about the GPP.... After i polished half of the windshield I cleaned the pad by washing it with just water. The Velcro fabric at the back of the pad started to peel off. By the time I was pretty much done the whole thing came off and he pad became unusable. I will try to put it back together.

On the other hand the GCP did not work for me. Maybe there is something I do not know on how to work with that kind of pad, but it is not flexible, a bit uneven and kind of hard. It just doesn't feel like something that you would put on a surface that you would like to either cut or polish, especially glass. I tried, and the only thing that I managed to do was to instill more tiny scratches, so I stopped.... I wonder if these GCP pads that I got were defective or "something" has happened to them.

I read a Mike's article about Glass polishing and it is a fact that it can easily become a splatter hell. So I recommend covering the front hood and the top of the car.

I did the job with a rotary and I kept the speed up to a 1000 rpm.

I hope that helps.

Theostoubos
12-14-2011, 11:09 AM

Because of Corey's insight and testing of several products, they're now part of my detailing arsenal. CarPro CeriGlass is just another example of this and part of an order that should arrive today....:dblthumb2:

The glass came out spectacular! A very well done thread, thank you for taking the time to post...:props:

I would just like to thank you BOTH for your kind words. It really means a lot to me. It is not an exaggeration to say that when it comes to knowledge, experience but also the detail, accuracy and fairness of your comments and posts is in my opinion the best on the forum and the one I RELY ON, when I need one.

Recently I got a gallon of OCW because of your review and comments!!!!

So getting some genuinely nice comments from BobbyG and CEEDOG, I must be doing something right!!!!:laughing::laughing::laughing: