PDA

View Full Version : megs mirror glaze

nissanboy31
02-23-2007, 10:43 AM
I have a buddy of mine who is thinking about purchasing some of the megs mirror glaze products. He doesn't like to order things online, he would rather go to an autoparts store and have it his hands right away. Anyway our local bumper to bumper store carries the mirror glaze line of products and he wants to know if it a good brand. I know it is no pinnacle or dp how exactly does megs stack up. One other question what is the difference between megs show car glaze and new car glaze?

99 hardtop
02-23-2007, 01:55 PM
I have a buddy of mine who is thinking about purchasing some of the megs mirror glaze products. He doesn't like to order things online, he would rather go to an autoparts store and have it his hands right away. Anyway our local bumper to bumper store carries the mirror glaze line of products and he wants to know if it a good brand. I know it is no pinnacle or dp how exactly does megs stack up. One other question what is the difference between megs show car glaze and new car glaze?

Just my $.02 I have used Meg's Show car glaze for several years. It is a pure polish that nurishes the paint for wet look, show car shine. Does not biuld up with repeted use. Will not leave a white powdery residue.

New car glaze gives a high gloss. It will restore paints shine. In some cases a powdery residue will result. However it is only a glaze not a polish.
In my opinion, if you want a a good wet look shine use the show car glaze and follow with Meg's #26 hi-tech yellow wax with carnauba. results are good with good durability. :cheers:

FloridaNative
02-23-2007, 02:11 PM
Meg's is good, and it's readily available OTC, but it's just not "the best". The boutique products really give a better result for just a bit more money. To me it's worth it, but if your friend just wants to do the best he can with what he can get OTC then Meg's or Duragloss would be good choices. Just warn him to tape his trim up when using the Meg's it stains horribly.

ltoman
02-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Meg's is good, and it's readily available OTC, but it's just not "the best". The boutique products really give a better result for just a bit more money. To me it's worth it, but if your friend just wants to do the best he can with what he can get OTC then Meg's or Duragloss would be good choices. Just warn him to tape his trim up when using the Meg's it stains horribly.

Can I ask here - what does it stain and why?
Thank you!:)

FloridaNative
02-23-2007, 02:39 PM
[/b]

It stains your trim pieces. Plastics and rubber. Why? because it does. lol :p

99 hardtop
02-23-2007, 03:46 PM
[/b]

Hi Lauren,

It will produce a white film on all black trim/rubber it comes in contact with. It can be removed but a little difficult. it is due to the ingredients used to obtain the wet look and rich nutrients to obtain the deep gloss. Im the MAN:)

SinNameOn
02-23-2007, 04:35 PM
It stains your trim pieces. Plastics and rubber. Why? because it does. lol :p

And how to remove those stains?

FloridaNative
02-23-2007, 04:58 PM
And how to remove those stains?

Wax Blaster, peanut oil, Souveran paste wax. They will all remove wax residues. :)

Al-53
02-23-2007, 04:59 PM
to make it remove easy...dress your trim first....use a good trim product and residue comes off easy...but dress it first...or tape...

Lauren..it will stain any black trim you have...

Meg's 39 or 40 will remove polish residue if you wipe it right away...

the mirror glaze line is not bad stuff...it is the Pro line...

what products is he looking for...

Dual Action cleaner polish is a nice product but has a learning curve...but leaves a nice swirl free finish if used right....

Meg's has some nice stuff..but not user friendly to a beginner...

Al

supercharged
02-24-2007, 02:58 AM
One of them (not sure which one, check with Meguiar's for more info) is formulated to work well high humidity envirinment. That's the only difference.