PDA

View Full Version : Paint correction in small "curvy" areas?

Kinalyx
12-08-2011, 04:18 PM
What do you used? I have a few spots on my car that my PC cant really get to very well. Is there an effective way to do it by hand, or is there something else i can do?

My spoiler and the pillars by the windshield that go up and over the windows are by far the hardest to get done.

Shawn

sportscarhiatus
12-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Did you switch to a smaller backing plate for the PC? I believe they have a 3"er now. If not, try the Griots 3" DA and pads.

richy
12-08-2011, 04:35 PM
You have several options. Either get a smaller bp and use smaller pads, or take your pad and apply a small amount of polish to it and do it by hand or put the polish on a mf and do it by hand (that is a great method for under door handles for instance). Just make sure you work it enough so it breaks down.

yank194
12-08-2011, 05:27 PM
I just recently read a write up by AG Nick (I think) who used the hand held buffing pads on his Aunt's car to work small areas and under the door handles. I believe this is the link: CCS Euro Foam Hand Polish Applicators - Hand polish, hand detail, foam applicators, CCS foam pads, polishing pad (http://www.autogeek.net/ccs-foam-hand-applicators.html)

dougaross
12-08-2011, 06:12 PM
I sometimes use larger pads and work the edges

tw33k2514
12-08-2011, 06:18 PM
That is pretty much what I do, I don't always want to take the time to switch BP's.

budinsc
12-08-2011, 07:01 PM
i use megs 3" micro pads and they work great in small tight areas.

budinsc

Flash Gordon
12-08-2011, 07:16 PM

:iagree:

I don't always want to take the time to switch BP's.

:iagree: I learned to edge using a rotary. 25+ years ago, that was really your only option