PDA

View Full Version : Got some ONR and Shmitt

Grimm
02-23-2007, 08:46 AM
Does anyone have any tips on washing with ONR and a Shmitt? My plan of attack is a coin op rinse for the heavy salt, then a two bucket wash. I plan to do an initial wipe with a microfiber, followed by a waffle weave to blot up any water that's left.

FloridaNative
02-23-2007, 09:27 AM
I haven't used it myself, but I believe the other forum members were using a two bucket method with a grit guard with good results. :)

Whitethunder46
02-23-2007, 09:40 AM
I've just used the two bucket method with my 4:1. Works very well.

The shmitt will soak up a lot of water, which is nice with the no rinse washes.

BTW, be prepared because your shmitt won't be a pretty white when your done. Hahah.

noname5
02-23-2007, 06:18 PM
Wait... I thought using a Shmitt with rinseless washing resulted in marring? There was a test done by another member on Autopia, so I won't post the link, but he did it and ended up with marring

Grimm
02-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Do a search Paul, many have been using it with good results. I think there have been a couple people I've seen on both sites that don't like it, but you'll get that with anything. I just saw a thread where someone from Edge said they did a lot of testing with rinseless washes with no problems.

Jimmie
02-23-2007, 08:26 PM
The times that I have used 4 in 1 was easy and efficient. The system was from a review by Justin. Just do one panel at a time. Even open the doors and do the jambs at the same time. I believe that he or someone on here said that they work from the bottom up and that was hard to get used to. I use the two bucket system with warm water.