PDA

View Full Version : Sealant over a Glaze

Pages : [1] 2

Jason 79
12-06-2011, 11:22 PM
I applied Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant over a CG glaze today now i'm wondering about durability. Will putting the sealant on over the glaze dramatically effect the sealant's durability?

FUNX650
12-06-2011, 11:50 PM
I applied Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant over a CG glaze today now i'm wondering about durability. Will putting the sealant on over the glaze dramatically effect the sealant's durability?

You said you applied WDGPS over "a" CG glaze. Which CG glaze was it?

If it was.......
CG EXTREME SHINE EZ-CREME GLAZE w/ACRYLIC SHINE II

......Then the product description says, in part:

"Use it after applying polishes and before applying a sealant or wax. No matter where you use the EZ Creme Glaze in your routine you are sure to add more shine with this easy to use formula."

Please advise if it was a different CG glaze product. Thanks.

:)

Bob

dtuna42
12-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Generally speaking, it's always recommended to apply a sealant over a glaze, because most glazes wash away quickly (although I don't know the details of the specific glaze you used in this case).

Jason 79
12-06-2011, 11:54 PM
The CG Glaze i used was the Glossworkz Glaze. Sorry i should have included that in my post.

FUNX650
12-07-2011, 12:03 AM
The CG Glaze i used was the Glossworkz Glaze. Sorry i should have included that in my post.

CG Glossworkz Glaze product description (w/my underscoring):

"Sometimes we don't have the time to give our car a thorough polish, or we simply want a quick approach to give the paint that extra pop.

This is where a glaze like Chemical Guys EZ-Creme Glaze, Wet Mirror Finish, and Glossworkz Glaze comes in handy.

A glaze helps to temporarily fill in minor swirl marks and fine scratches. It also leaves behind a deep wet shine. Always follow up with a wax or sealant to add additional gloss and protect the paint."

From what you posted, seems like you followed these recommendations quite well.

Bob

Jason 79
12-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Where did you find that product description?

ShineTimeDetail
12-07-2011, 12:38 AM
I used EZ cream on my Merc and then followed it up with WG 3.0- It looked great but I don't think the durability has lasted the same as it did when I just used the 3.0 by itself. My 3 cents( I try to give more than the average Joe, that's why you got 3 cents from me)

FUNX650
12-07-2011, 12:46 AM
Where did you find that product description?

No Links allowed....But I retrieved all of these product description from CG's web-site (again, w/my underscoring)

"The New Ultimate Mega Gloss Show+ Shine kit is seriously bright. Packed with Europe's best selling new products Glossworkz Gloss Enhancer Shampoo and just released in the USA, Glossworkz Glaze! This kit has all the right products to bring out your autos maximum level of shine

Ultimate Mega Gloss Show + Shine kit has all the right products to bring out the bling. The unstoppable shine of this kit is sure to bring home first place for you and your auto even when it's parked in your garage.

Put on your sun glasses, because it is going to get bright around here real fast!

Europe's 2 best selling gloss enhancers
originally only available through Chemical Guys UK and Chemical Guys Thailand are now available in the USA.

New Glossworks Glaze and Glossworkz Gloss Enhancer Shampoo Combined deliver a ultra glossy finish that drips off of your paint.

Combine the gloss with the unmatched combination of Jetseal Aerospace Sealant topped with 5050 Concourse Paste wax and you have a finish that will leave any spectator speechless. Maintain that wet finish with NEW Hybrid V7 Detailer+Sealant and you have more than just a show-stopping shine, you have superior protection!

Put on your glasses becasue its going to be VERY BRIGHT:

We included our new Glossworkz Glaze in this kit! A new and revolutionary breakthrough formula delivering the ultimate super glaze . The first glaze and self leveler in one, capable of delivering excellent swirl-filling ability while producing an outstanding long lasting durable shine that's wet wet wet. A truly deep wet looking shine can be achieved with the added benefit of filing light swirls and scratches. Can be hand applied or by machine polisher using a finishing pad. Utilizing cross-linking self leveling agents Glossworkz Glaze works with your paints surface delivering a even and accurate distribution of product that levels perfectly delivering a perfect finish to new and or less than perfect paints. Glossworkz Glaze UV sun blocking agents deliver a high gloss shield from damaging sun-rays, while refined lubricating agents assure Glossworkz will never cake-up allowing for fast and easy application and removal.

As you may have noticed:

CG recommends a sealant, that I took the liberty to highlight in red, (and even a wax over that red-hightlighted-sealant!)
be applied over the CG glaze currently being discussed.

Bob

ShineTimeDetail
12-07-2011, 12:47 AM
CG doesn't list glossworkz glaze on their site...they sell it just don't list it- talked to them yesterday.

embolism
12-07-2011, 12:49 AM
I would only cover a glaze with a wax

sealants should be put on clean paint for max durability, imo

FUNX650
12-07-2011, 01:04 AM

You're concern of: "dramatically effect".....

If you don't mind...Would you be so kind to define durability, as you perceive it to be, when it pertains to sealants, that is? By what standards/metrics can this even be measured?

Just wondering.

Bob

FUNX650
12-07-2011, 01:09 AM
CG doesn't list glossworkz glaze on their site...they sell it just don't list it- talked to them yesterday.

Ahem......Depends on "which" one of CG's web-sites, I suppose. Go Figure!!

Bob

FUNX650
12-07-2011, 01:38 AM

Seems the most logical way....That's how I usually go about it, as well as others.

But what about, in CG glazes' case, the manufacturer has recommended otherwise?

Does this create disconcert?

Bob

yank194
12-07-2011, 08:25 AM

I use Zaino and that is what Sal told me in an email. I was planning on trying the Wolfgang products next summer, since I have a PC now, but am confused about the glaze and sealant, etc. I always thought that the oily fillers would not allow the sealant to bond/cure to the freshly cleaned paint. Therefore, making the sealant on top of the glaze process a worthless step. Still learning about other products, so maybe WG doesn't use oils.

panthercz
12-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish is a cleaner and glaze combo that is meant to be put down before BFWD sealant. I love using the BFGEP and BFWD combo.