PDA

View Full Version : CarPro's So2Pure has a rival?

IID
12-06-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm a fan of ALL things CarPro,including CarPro's odor eliminator So2Pure.
CarPro So2Pure Air Purifying Coating 120 ml. (http://www.autogeek.net/so2pure-air-purifier.html)

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2188_35742737
The So2Pure is 120ml for $19.99

But looking at AG's store,I seen this in the "New Products" tab"
Wurth Eco Biological Odor Eliminator, odor remover (http://www.autogeek.net/wurth-biological-odor-remover.html)

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2188_108097960
The Wurth odor remover sounds like it's a similar product in it's description.
But the Wurth is 500ml for $24.99

Has anyone used this new Wurth product(yet)?
For $5 more and over 2x's the product,sounds like I may be trying it myself.

richy
12-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Chris, How do you know it's the same thing? I have searched for the instructions to this product to see if it says it needs light to activate it like the SoPure does. Does it have the same mechanism to eliminate the odors, or are you just saying that they're both odor eliminators?

IID
12-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Chris, How do you know it's the same thing? I have searched for the instructions to this product to see if it says it needs light to activate it like the SoPure does. Does it have the same mechanism to eliminate the odors, or are you just saying that they're both odor eliminators?

Hey Richy,very sorry for any confusion.
When I said "they seem similar",I was referring to they both eliminate odors.

I was thinking on the business end that if the Wurth works as good as the So2Pure on customer odor's,it would be a good option profit wise.

A-train
12-06-2011, 09:47 PM
I used so2pure today on a mildew smell on a 4runner interior. I dont care for the smell at first but it disipates to a pleasant citrus like scent within a couple of hours. 12 hours later a very clean smell remains, completely eliminating the original funk. Just from quickly skimming over the Wurth product, I think one main difference is that so2pure doesnt stop working after the odor is eliminated, and provides a barrier attacking future odors as they are introduced.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Avi@CarPro
12-07-2011, 03:22 AM
I used so2pure today on a mildew smell on a 4runner interior. I dont care for the smell at first but it disipates to a pleasant citrus like scent within a couple of hours. 12 hours later a very clean smell remains, completely eliminating the original funk. Just from quickly skimming over the Wurth product, I think one main difference is that so2pure doesnt stop working after the odor is eliminated, and provides a barrier attacking future odors as they are introduced.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Exactly!
and not killing odors only.. its killing germs, bacterias, viruses, micro organism on the surface its applied, if you wont wipe it off after applying it will continue work up to 6 months.
we have bigger size containers which are much cheaper(including eco refills), if there will be demand im sure AG will stock it

FUNX650
12-07-2011, 09:22 AM
-Although Wurth has many excellent products, some have restricted ingress into some areas of the USA....(ex.:Calif.'s Prop. 65).....

-This Wurth's odor eliminator product contains a water that's "special" enough to have its own CAS#.

-Don't know if by containing this type of "water" will cause this particular Wurth product to incur similar restrictions or not. But considering that it is touted as a "green product", it doesn't seem likely.

-I've never heard that Avi's So2Pure product is "Not for Sale", as in a Prop 65 restricted manner, or any other manner.

As far as effectiveness of either of these products: IMO...Sometimes a person must weigh the Lab reports against empirical results.

As the saying goes: "The nose knows"!

:)

Bob

TS656577
12-07-2011, 09:26 AM
I'm considering trying this. I just like having smelly stuff in my car especially when I have gym clothes in there from the morning

richy
12-07-2011, 07:19 PM
-Although Wurth has many excellent products, some have restricted ingress into some areas of the USA....(ex.:Calif.'s Prop. 65).....

-This Wurth's odor eliminator product contains a water that's "special" enough to have its own CAS#.

-Don't know if by containing this type of "water" will cause this particular Wurth product to incur similar restrictions or not. But considering that it is touted as a "green product", it doesn't seem likely.

-I've never heard that Avi's So2Pure product is "Not for Sale", as in a Prop 65 restricted manner, or any other manner.

As far as effectiveness of either of these products: IMO...Sometimes a person must weigh the Lab reports against empirical results.

As the saying goes: "The nose knows"!

Bob

Bob, I can tell you this. It's worked for me and for a bunch of people to whom I've recommended it and subsequently tried it.

FUNX650
12-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Bob, I can tell you this. It's worked for me and for a bunch of people to whom I've recommended it and subsequently tried it.

That I do not doubt, Richy!

I was trying to point out to the OP that sometimes the price point of products shouldn't be the sole factor in choosing one product over another....The effectiveness of a product (and its number of applications to achieve that effectiveness), and their usage safety, may be of more importance.

Thanks again for your input, my good man.

Bob