PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Meg's DA Microfiber pads - Dried M105

Mike@DistinctImage
12-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Hi guys

While the Meg's DA microfiber system has worked brilliantly for me, on a recent job I had used M105 and one of my cutting discs for compounding (hard VW paint) and after the job I got sidetracked and didn't soak my pads immediately. Now after cleaning the pad with APC diluted for pad cleaning I cannot get rid of some dried compound in the fibers (looks like tiny grey balls of m105) that I know WILL induce marring on my next job.

Anyone have any experience getting this dried polish out of the microfiber pads?

5.4 Shelby
12-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Dont have exp with that, but, iirc, they are machine washable. Throw in some MF/pad cleaner and run a cycle. If that doesnt work, try picking or cutting them out. If not, throw them away and get some more.

Flash Gordon
12-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Throw them in a bucket of water for an hour. Then clean as you normally would

C. Charles Hahn
12-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Throw them in a bucket of water for an hour. Then clean as you normally would

:iagree:

dsottum
12-06-2011, 12:23 PM
You could soak or I prefer putting them in the washing machine and air drying afterwards. Make sure to use a "free and clear" detergent on no more than warm water to help preserve the microfiber (and adhesive).

Flash Gordon
12-06-2011, 12:31 PM

:iagree: Place them face down in your water

Lasthope05
12-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Soak in dawn power dissolver. Stuff works miracles.

Mike@DistinctImage
12-07-2011, 05:48 AM
Thanks guys for the answers, will give it a try asap!

crxman2010
12-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Soak in dawn power dissolver. Stuff works miracles.

I haven't used power dissolver but I have had great luck with dawn ultra concentrate cutting stuff that my microfiber cleaner and/or pad rejuvenator was not taking care of. Once I think the pad is clean, then I rinse it good followed by a cycle with pad rejuvenator to help make sure I get the dawn out along with anything else that may be left and then once last rinse.