PDA

View Full Version : pc question

nissanboy31
02-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Ok this maybe a stupid question, but what is the difference between the pc on the ag site and a buffer you can buy at wally world for $40, I mean can you use the sme type of pads and stuff that they sell on ag one these cheap machines?

Al-53
02-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Ok this maybe a stupid question, but what is the difference between the pc on the ag site and a buffer you can buy at wally world for $40, I mean can you use the sme type of pads and stuff that they sell on ag one these cheap machines?

the cheap machines have no power..they will bog or stall with any downward pressure...plus will not do paint corrections...they are good for one thing..apply wax ...and the pads on AG will not fit it....

The PC has power..it will not stall when you apply 10 pounds of pressure..the cheap one will just hum when you add pressure to it....the cheapie is basicly for waxing and buffing it off....no polishing or correcting...

AL

Whitethunder46
02-22-2007, 03:32 PM
I have a 10" Craftsman Orbital. I never use it.

There is absolutely no comparison with the PC.

nissanboy31
02-22-2007, 03:38 PM
then I will have to save some money out of a couple of paychecks. I live in northern minnesota so it is still too cold to do this stuff outside since I have no garage. I just bought my new car 3 weeks ago so I figure if I go rinseless wash and qd until it get warm enough to apply some of these products I will have enough to purchase everything I need. I think I will try the dp line of products since I hear it is better for cars with metallic paint jobs. I have my 7 year old vacuuming it out for allowance money. I took my new girlfriends car in to get the oil change and when I got back I found her with a mf towel wiping down my dash an interior cleaner, I think I am in love.