PDA

View Full Version : All around Dressing / Protectant

atoy
12-04-2011, 06:04 AM
I need an all around dressing / protectant for Interior Trims , Lambo & Porsche Leather, Exterior Tims, Tires, Engine Bay.

Interior will be dressed once a month, Exterior Trims and Tires every wash weekly, Engine Bay every month.. I don't want it to be shiny, just black matt finish. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of 303 AP or OPP..

hoyt66
12-04-2011, 07:21 AM
Not sure but it sounds like you might have to ala carte to get all the bases covered.

atoy
12-04-2011, 07:32 AM
Not sure but it sounds like you might have to ala carte to get all the bases covered.

Hi, what do you mean by ala carte to get all the bases covered?

Tundra_10
12-04-2011, 08:12 AM
I think he means your going to need to buy separate products to achieve all the goals and desires you are looking for. One product alone might not suffice and will only offer mediocre results vs buying individual products.

dougaross
12-04-2011, 08:24 AM
CarPro PERL (http://www.autogeek.net/perl-coat-protectant.html)
Recommend dilution ratio:
External plastics - 1: 3 (1 quantity PERL : 3 quantity water).
Engine – 1:1~3
Tires - undiluted ~ 1:1
Interior rubber / dashboard / leather / vinyl – 1:5

atoy
12-04-2011, 08:27 AM
I think he means your going to need to buy separate products to achieve all the goals and desires you are looking for. One product alone might not suffice and will only offer mediocre results vs buying individual products.

I see.. Thank you for the explanation

Old Tiger
12-04-2011, 08:27 AM
... and IMO UIGP for interior and UTTG for exterior will fit that bill. Ultima is a great line. Try the UWW+, Paint Guard Wash and Interior Shampoo Gel too! If you are a sealant guy, IMO theirs is tops too!

atoy
12-04-2011, 08:28 AM

I think i should try this one :)

Meticulous-Detail
12-04-2011, 08:58 AM
Megs ASD on the outside and Megs WBD diluted 1 to 1 on the inside are also good choices and come in gallon sizes.

BobbyG
12-04-2011, 09:32 AM

Doug,

I for one haven't tried this product but I remember when Corey did an extensive product review and I was very impressed with the results and conclusions. I'll have to include this is my next order. :props:

Jim,

The two Ultima products you mention work great in fact all their products are on the top of my list and will continue to be!! Great recommendations!! :props:

dsottum
12-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Megs Hyper dressing is dilutable (I'm not sure that their ASD is, last time I looked at the jug it didn't have directions to do so). I'd recommend using Hyper Dressing for interior plastics/engine bays/wheel wells and getting UTTG+ for exterior plastic trim. Nothing I've used to date has come close to the protection and looks of UTTG+ on the plastic portions of the bumper trim on my own vehicle.