PDA

View Full Version : Megs MF system + Opti coat

armorrig
12-03-2011, 11:00 PM
How's it going everyone?

Can I opti-coat after using the megs mf system on my car? I'm not sure if using the D301 finishing wax is compatible with opti-coat.

If not, can I use the finishing mf disc with M205 instead? That is after using the D300 and the cutting disc of course.

Thanks.

dougaross
12-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Before using OC you want an absolutely clean surface. Using D301 doesn't make sense since are laying down a coat of wax that you are going have to remove. 205 won't leave wax but it will leave oils which also have to be removed. A better polish if you are following with OC is Otimum Polish II or Finish. Optimum says you can just wipe off with damp MF, then OC

armorrig
12-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Before using OC you want an absolutely clean surface. Using 301 doesn't make sense since are laying down a coat of wax that you are going have to remove. 205 won't leave wax but it will leave oils which also have to be removed. A better polish if you are following with OC is Otimum Polish II or Finish. Optimum says you can just wipe off with damp MF, then OC

Thanks for the reply.

I do have some opt polish II and finish. I will be using either of those two instead.

Now, would the Opt MF polish pad be ok to use with those products? Or do I have to resort to foam pads?

embolism
12-03-2011, 11:39 PM
depends on how soft your paint is. If hard, the polishing pad is ok
if not, then foam would prob finish down better

armorrig
12-08-2011, 03:45 AM
from what I've read, paint is hard (bmw alpine white).

Are either OPT compound II, polish II, and finish polish ok to use with the OPT microfiber polish pad, or Megs cutting/finishing mf pads? (3" and 5" sizes)

I don't have 5.5 foam pads.

shoeless89
12-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Make sure you clean the paint before you apply the Opti-coat. You don't want any wax, sealant, or polishing oils on the paint.