PDA

View Full Version : Anybody tried Poorboy's Polish w/ Carnauba?

klumzypinoy
02-22-2007, 01:13 AM
Has anybody tried Poorboy's Polish w/ Carnauba on their vehicle, by machine and/or by hand? I just wanted to know people's experiences with this product.

supercharged
02-22-2007, 01:16 AM
Never used Poorboys PwC, but used XMT glaze, and ClearKote RMG. Poorboy's must be similar to that.

Mike T
02-22-2007, 09:11 AM
It's a great polish. If your looking to remove imperfections then this would be a great follow up polish. It has light scratch removal abilities. A great "cleaner" polish. The finish afterward is quiet beautiful. A fantastic prepper for your LSP, if its a wax.

Al-53
02-22-2007, 09:31 AM
I have used the PwC Blue on Red and I liked it...it is a good follow up product after finishing correction...very good product...does do a little filling ..great as a base for using a carnuba topper....the blue version is for dark paint...

the regular version I hear nothing but good about it...cleans paint very well and leaves a nice finish and can be used on all surfaces...

I use the pro polish for more of a haze buster after polishing...works nice also

Al

Bigfoot
02-22-2007, 09:57 AM
I have the blue one, use it, and love it. Easy on/ff ability, and leaves a nice smooth and depper finish to the paint. Can't go wrong with that...

Joey

RTexasF
02-22-2007, 12:11 PM
I too think it is a very good product. Easy to use and leaves a bright reflective finish.

Driven Auto Detail
02-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Has anybody tried Poorboy's Polish w/ Carnauba on their vehicle, by machine and/or by hand? I just wanted to know people's experiences with this product.

It's funny that you posted this thread. I just used PB Polish w/Carnauba last night for the first time. It's definitely an easy to use product. I used an LC white polishing pad on my PC. Once it went clear, it wiped clean very easily.

klumzypinoy
02-22-2007, 03:44 PM
mshu7: I was looking into this product for the future, and it sounds like a great product.

Thanks everyone, looks like this is one of the products I'll be buying later on.

Tex Star Detail
02-22-2007, 04:39 PM
I had and tried both. By hand and with the PC. I like them. I like the PwS a million times more.

Darren F
02-22-2007, 05:31 PM
What about Polish w/ Sealant?

Mike T
02-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Excellent product. Light paint correction abilities.

Tex Star Detail
02-22-2007, 06:15 PM
It is also pad dependent.....

Darren F
02-22-2007, 07:18 PM
how does it compare to Optimum Poli Seal?

ScottB
02-22-2007, 08:22 PM

great product, lasts a long time compared to the carnauba counterpart. I like it !!

tamvegas
02-23-2007, 01:07 AM
I had and tried both. By hand and with the PC. I like them. I like the PwS a million times more.

I just used the EX (2 coats, three hours apart) and it looks beautiul. Followed with a coat of Natty's Blue.
However, my finish is fairly pitted on the hood (Vegas stones and gravel:() and I wonder if the PwS would help a bit with its filling properties.

Also, did I miss a step in working the finish? After XMT #3 and #1 I put the coats of EX on (with the DA). Should I have gone over the finish again with Polish before the Sealer? Just geytting hooked on detailing and want to bring out the best finish possible. She already has gotten a wonderfully deep, glossy finish that all the work is well-spent, but I want to see how far it can go.

Tam