PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Polish question

nbk13nw
05-06-2006, 05:14 PM
I just received my 32oz of Optimum polish. Earlier today I finally had some time to go out and finish the hood that I had wet sanded a few weeks ago. When I went to put some of the Optimum polish on the pad... nothing would come out. I figured maybe some dried polish was blocking the spout so I removed the cap, cleared and clean it and then tried again... This time some would come out but that was due to me really squeezing the container very hard. It would spurt out.

I poured some of the Optimum polish into another container and what I found was a butt load of clumps. Not dried but the consistency is very clumpy. I was able to finally get some on the pad using the other container, but that is a real pain. Is the consistency supposed to be this clumpy? It seemed that shaking it made it worse than before... I guess I expected it to be like the Optimum compound or even smoother.

carnut00
05-06-2006, 05:41 PM
I had the same problem so some insight would be good.

ScottB
05-06-2006, 08:16 PM
MIne was very thick, and needs to be shaken well for several minutes. Never had clumps and sent several samples to corvetteforum friends. It is thicker than the SSR twins.

nbk13nw
05-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Well, it is possible that I did not shake it enough to clear it out. I feel like putting it ina big bowl and kneading it a little... Kinda like dough...:awesome: Joking...

I will try again tomorrow when I do the rest of the car... weather permitting... Thanks! :cheers:

ScottB
05-07-2006, 08:22 AM
At first it seems like it will not move or shake, all the liquid seems to be incased in the bottom, but after a minute you will actually feel it take on a different feeling as the chemicals remix.

Rainman
05-07-2006, 10:24 AM
I had the same problem. I even thought of sending it back. It
kept clogging up every time I tried to apply it to the pad. Which means squeeze harder until it explodes all over the pad. :mad:

Here's what I found that works

Shake the crap out of it.......
I even make sure that when I am done
squirting some on the pad that I let off of the bottle with the tip up so
that it clears the opening.

Did I mention shake it? A lot!!

Later,
Ray

joe.p
05-07-2006, 03:23 PM
:iagree: Someone posted the same problem on another forum. I think someone got some bad sh*t :mad: .. but whatever the case lets get together for a :grouphug: :cheers:

nbk13nw
05-08-2006, 08:28 AM
Regardless of the issues I am having with the consistancy of the product. I used it and it works great! I am very pleased with the final results. But I was / am still worried about the issue of the clumping. My thoughts were also that possibly there is something wrong with the formula? To much shelf time? Drying out? Bad batch? Like I said, I was able to transfer some to another container that allowed for better flow onto the pad and the results with an Edge cutting pad were great.