PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire polish, the forgotten glaze?

zmanz
12-03-2011, 02:04 PM
just got my bottle of blackfire gloss enhancing polish and I must say I'm impressed.

The attached picture is after cleaning the truck with griots paint prep and then just an application of BFGEP.

It gave it a real clean, wet look. I must say I'm impressed with BFWD and Midnight Sun too. I wish I'd tried them sooner, super easy to use and great results. The one product I thought was over hyped ends up being really good....

rider9195
12-03-2011, 02:13 PM
The Blackfire line is very good.

Flash Gordon
12-03-2011, 02:16 PM
just got my bottle of blackfire gloss enhancing polish and I must say I'm impressed.

The attached picture is after cleaning the truck with griots paint prep and then just an application of BFGEP.

It gave it a real clean, wet look. I must say I'm impressed with BFWD and Midnight Sun too. I wish I'd tried them sooner, super easy to use and great results. The one product I thought was over hyped ends up being really good....

You don't hear near as much about Blackfire as you did before Classic Motoring Acc went out of business

I've never used their line, but they do (or did) use to have a loyal following. Almost kind of a cult following

Good stuff from what I understand :)

texan solstice
12-03-2011, 02:17 PM
That looks awesome, I bought it when it was half off but im still waiting for it. Good thing someone already post pics because I haven't seen any reviews about it.

Flash Gordon
12-03-2011, 02:25 PM
That looks awesome, I bought it when it was half off but im still waiting for it. Good thing someone already post pics because I haven't seen any reviews about it.

There were reviews galore over @ TID. IDK if Autopia Forums may still have them archived or not. Might wanna check it out ;)

jreblackGT
12-03-2011, 03:04 PM
You got good results with it. I'm sold on their Wet Diamond sealant. I'll have to try this too down the road.

zmanz
12-03-2011, 06:12 PM
I love their Deep Gloss Spray Sealant too. I bought a big jug it when it was 50% off.

I didn't have the polish to start the process when I did our 10 year old Mazda but after finishing it up with the spray sealant a guy at work just went around the car the next day going "wow, it looks great"

I may finally be getting my favorite products picked out and am loading up on larger containers of them.

Old Pirate
12-03-2011, 07:23 PM
The Blackfire Gloss Enhancing polish is a must for the person who just wants to clean up and get it ready for Blackfire Wet Diamond or Midnight Sun Wax. It has very mild cleaners and glazes in it and was developed for BFWD many years ago. It's one product many folks love using on their DD and garaged queens, give it a shot and your see the finish it leaves behind for BFWD to be apply. On the Blackfire Deep Gloss Spray Sealant you won't be disappoint at all, it was made with advanced polymer sealant just like it's big brother BFWD and it's easy-to-apply. When used routinely ( after washing your ride ) BF Deep Gloss Spray can extend the protection for over 6-12 months or more if you use it after every wash. I been using it for many years and haven't had any problems at all. Give it a shot and others in the Blackfire Line, you won't be disappoint at all. BTW BFWD is and always Polycharged!

rockrash
06-01-2012, 03:29 PM
The Blackfire Gloss Enhancing polish is a must for the person who just wants to clean up and get it ready for Blackfire Wet Diamond or Midnight Sun Wax. It has very mild cleaners and glazes in it and was developed for BFWD many years ago. It's one product many folks love using on their DD and garaged queens, give it a shot and your see the finish it leaves behind for BFWD to be apply. On the Blackfire Deep Gloss Spray Sealant you won't be disappoint at all, it was made with advanced polymer sealant just like it's big brother BFWD and it's easy-to-apply. When used routinely ( after washing your ride ) BF Deep Gloss Spray can extend the protection for over 6-12 months or more if you use it after every wash. I been using it for many years and haven't had any problems at all. Give it a shot and others in the Blackfire Line, you won't be disappoint at all. BTW BFWD is and always Polycharged!
I just got a new 2012 Grand Cherokee and im going to wash ,Clay , Blackfire Gloss Enhancing polish and on top with BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection. Should be good.

Ohio Detailing
06-03-2012, 09:02 AM
The Blackfire line is very good.

I hate hearing things like this... ;) Well, my WALLET does.

I have gallons, and gallons... AND gallons of other items to use first... but then I think I'll be moving on to revolving ALL of my detailing products around:

1. Ultima
2. Meg's
3. Black Fire

I'm going to be getting into more paint correct techniques soon, as soon as I can get the FLEX 3401 since it's both a rotary and a Dual Action polisher. I'm going to start a thread maybe about the 'best' (I know it's always biased or subjective, but EASY TO USE and awesome results) 1-2-3 step system from aggressive-to-finesse, compound-medium-polish.

PS: How long has the Blackfire line been around? Is it its own company, or a 'branch' of another company, or purchased by a larger company?