PDA

View Full Version : Convince me I need a Flex 3401

Pages : [1] 2 3

LuxuryMobile
12-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Someone convince me I need this machine, or maybe convince me I don't.

Not sure why I am having such a hard time deciding.

I currently have a PC 7424 (carpet brushes only) PCXP and Griots DA.

With the new MF systems out that work great with these DAs, should I still add a Flex 3401??

About 1/4 of my work are correction jobs or one steps. Another 1/4 are AIO and the rest maintenance and wash/wax jobs. Is it worth it in your opinion?

Thanks guys.

SonOfOC
12-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Since you already have the PC and the Griots. I would recommend the PE14.

tw33k2514
12-01-2011, 09:27 PM
I havnt used one, so take this for what it's worth.

If you already have a Griots I see no point. The griots is plenty powerful, and you get to use the MF system with it. But apparently the new Optimum MF pads work on the flex. Even with that though, I don't feel like its worth it. Your next step should be a rotary if anything.

CEE DOG
12-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Stephan, It sounds like you are very happy and comfortable with your mf system and traditional D/A. So stick with what you have.

If you ever decide you want a d/a with better placed controls, much less vibration, and some bells and whistles then go for it. In your situation I would test drive one before buying since you are so comfortable with what you use now.

embolism
12-02-2011, 12:05 AM
ya

Kristopher1129
12-02-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm also waiting for some kind of convincing. It's strange, the price tag pulls me in, and also pushes me away. What a tangled web we weave, haha. If they dropped that price tag to about $250, I probably would already own one.

BobbyG
12-02-2011, 05:38 AM
The Flex 3401 is a bit larger than the Porter Cable style polishers. It's beautifully engineered and ruggedly built to provide years of dependable service.

Forced Rotation

An important key feature in their design is their forced rotation. Flex's forced rotation allows the user to apply as much or as little downward pressure they need because the forced rotation is a constant.

Orbital Stroke

The 3401 also has a larger orbital stroke which contributes to more efficient and shorter correction times.

Backing Plates

Flex offers two different backing plates to accommodate different pad sizes.

Comfort

The Flex 3401 s a comfortable machine to use, ergonomically designed, and very well balanced.

Power

It's power will rival any dual action polisher on the market and once you try it out you'll be convinced..

Hope this helps........:props:

604_Snooze
12-02-2011, 06:54 AM
Sell the Griot and get the 3401

Porsche Pilot
12-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Bobby G has nailed it again. My PC is relegated to applying wax. It definitely works faster than a PC. Time is money!

05xrunner
12-02-2011, 08:25 AM
Keep what you have and dont spend the extra money...with the low profile 5.5" hydrotechs and the MF system I sold my flex as i had no need for it with my Griots as well. I actually find the griots more pleasing to work with as your not in a fight with it

LuxuryMobile
12-02-2011, 08:51 AM
Wont be selling any machine to buy a Flex. Not worth it to sell an old machine for $50-80 and then lose your back up machine in case something happens. I also love doing a correction and having 5.5 inch set up on Griots and 4 inch on the PCXP.

The main reason I was considering adding it was to have a quicker one step or all in one. I know that the Griots can get it done but if I can save time using the Flex, then I need to buy one.

05xrunner
12-02-2011, 09:03 AM
in my experience to what made me sell the flex..I was doing my neighbors car..I started out using the flex with a Hydrotech tangerine pad and menzerna power Finish..it was dusting a little on me and was just getting tired of the extra effort you gotta put into it on side panels and when it tilts a little and tries to run..I switched over to my GG and a megs MF finishing pad and kept using Power finish..I was getting little better results faster with the GG and the MF pad..thats what sealed the deal for selling my flex. I do maybe 2 other cars a year other then my own so I have no need for all kinda machiens.

LuxuryMobile
12-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Makes sense, the MF systems are really a game changer.

For now, I guess Ill hold off and really try to think of situations where the Flex would save me time.

Thanks for the input.

alko
12-02-2011, 10:03 AM
you need a Flex...buy me one to please..thanks! ;-)

RaskyR1
12-02-2011, 10:04 AM
You don't need it. If you want another tool buy a rotary. :xyxthumbs: