PDA

View Full Version : confused: autopia order in an autogeek box

mwtaco
12-01-2011, 07:31 PM
i ordered a blackfire kit from autopia. i also put an order in with autogeek.

today, i got a box with the autogeek tape on it. confused, because it was sent by fed ex, as autogeek usually comes by ups. also, autogeek stuff usually doesn't ship as fast as this package.

when i opened it, it was my autopia order...what's that all about?
:confused:

TornadoRed
12-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Autopia Car Care is a PBMA company. All orders are shipped from Autogeek warehouse and they use both UPS and Fed Ex.

mwtaco
12-01-2011, 07:35 PM
wow. didn't know that. very interesting. thanks.

Flash Gordon
12-01-2011, 07:37 PM
FedEx is better then UPS. Be greatful!

Twister
12-01-2011, 07:37 PM
I just got a box today from autopia too. I ordered from Autogeek the next day but my Autogeek order won't be here till Monday. I wish UPS would put the peddle to the metal

Like was already said, Autopia Car-care is a PBMG company

CEE DOG
12-01-2011, 07:38 PM
Here's the full press release: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/company-forum-news-headlines/39135-pbmg-expansion-continues-more-building-space.html

Flash Gordon
12-01-2011, 07:39 PM
I just got a box today from autopia too. I ordered from Autogeek the next day but my Autogeek order won't be here till Monday. I wish UPS would put the peddle to the metal

FedEx knows how to do it. UPS is still trying to figure it out!

rider9195
12-01-2011, 07:42 PM
FedEx is better then UPS. Be greatful!

Where I live, UPS is way better than FedEx. I think it is mostly because of the different drivers. The UPS driver is a lot quicker and FedEx takes forever.

mwtaco
12-01-2011, 07:43 PM
1. will they be combining AG and autopia? (odd to have two competing online stores with one owner)

2. fed ex is much faster delivery. orders from ups take agonizingly long.

OCDetails
12-01-2011, 07:54 PM
And FedEx doesn't typically drop kick your box from truck to truck like UPS does. I get more crushed packages from them...

Flash Gordon
12-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Where I live, UPS is way better than FedEx. I think it is mostly because of the different drivers. The UPS driver is a lot quicker and FedEx takes forever.

I'll have someone look into that. Whats your 9 digit zip code? :coolgleam:

1. will they be combining AG and autopia? (odd to have two competing online stores with one owner)

They already are combined. Just running under two different names. Lots of companies do this. Did you know FedEx handles the USPS air mail? Even though FedEx does the legwork, USPS gets the credit. Same thing

IMO FedEx should take over the USPS

PPLd
12-01-2011, 08:14 PM

From consumers' point of view:
It is always better to have more competition.
Customers are always the one to be benefited.
Different stores can suit different people.

From commercial point of view:
Just take VW Phaeton and Audi A8 as an example. They are closely related to each others as they share a lot of parts, from engine, gearbox down to interior buttons. But they are very different in "feel". Audi A8 gives a more sporty feel while Phaeton is more luxury. There are people who love A8 and simply hate Phaeton, or vice versa. Killing 1 of the 2 models would mean you will lose either one type of customer. If you kill A8, the lost customers may go to buy BMW. If you kill Phaeton, the customers may go to buy Mercedes. So why not try to keep the market share within own group?