PDA

View Full Version : Home water softener

pixelmonkey
12-01-2011, 06:46 PM
I had never seen the Clean Water Filter Kit, clear inline hose filter, car wash filter kit (http://www.autogeek.net/waterfilterkit2.html) when browsing the autogeek store until tonight.

Reason? I'm about to have a water softener installed for my home and was wondering how many people have been using "softened water" to wash their car at home.

When the seller/installer first viewed our home, he offered an installation option that would prevent soft water from entering the lines feeding the outdoor water spigots. Thats what has me thinking tonight. I'm going to test the flow rate at the one spigot without the softener installed, and with it installed. Also looking to have a 3-way after the main shut-off, so if the flow isnt great enough through the softener, I can bypass it while washing, then flip it back to feed the house with "soft water"

Looks like with the small space I have, i'll only have room for a 10.1 gpm softener. I've timed water flow from the faucet, and it's not reaching close to that, so I should be in the clear.

discuss
chris<pixelmonkey>:D