PDA

View Full Version : Help with products

Nigel.UK
11-30-2011, 12:08 PM
Hi, I'm new to this site and would be very grateful with any help and suggestions in relation to the best products and the procedure for enhancing the look of my car.
My car has never been clayed or had any Swirl work etc carried out, it does have several light scratches and feel it would benefit from a good rub down.
I have been looking towards the Pinnacle xmt intermediate swirl remover complete kit, with the Carnauba paste wax.
However I have also been looking at the Klasse products.
As you can see im finding choosing the right product very hard especially with the wide selection to choose from.
I am ok with the costing side of it and would rather spend the extra money if this gives me a better product and result in return.
I am currently using a porter cable 7424.

many thanks for any help, and my apologies for my lack of knowledge.

JonMiles
11-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Start with a clay bar and get the paint nice and smooth. Iron-X could also be beneficial in getting the paint perfectly clean and smooth.

As for polishes and pads, I'm a fan of lc flat pads in 5.5" with menzerna polishes (SIP, 85rd) and for heavier stuff a surbuf pad with 105.

Porsche Pilot
11-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Welcome Nigel! I think that you would be extremely happy with the Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover and Finishing Polish. Both are easy to use and provide outstanding results in my opinion. Your 7424 works great with these products coupled with the right pads.

As JonMiles states above...Menzerna is a line that I swear by and use on most of my professional jobs.

What kind of car are you working on?

And there is no need to apologize for a lack of knowledge. Nobody woke up one day and knew how to polish paint. Everyone is here to help!

Nigel.UK
11-30-2011, 12:43 PM
Thank you for your replies.
With regards to the total swirl remover and finishing polish, would you recommend I purchase the wolfgang swirl remover kit, would this give me all the products I would need.
I am working on a Audi A4 DTM in black, over here in the UK there was only 250 made for the UK market, with only 206 remaining.
They are pretty rare to come by, so I am making my best effort to keep it looking good, however until this point I have been using general products that you can purchase in any car shops and I have found these are leaving my paint work looking flat and with a haze.

SkateForGirl
11-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Welcome Nigel.

I find that 5.5" Lake Country pads work great with my Porter Cable. I use this with Meg's 105 on an Orange pad and then Meg's 205 on a White pad then a nice glaze of sealant on a Blue pad. The Wolfgang Kit does come with everything you need to get your car looking great. I also have used the Wolfgang swirl remover kit and it works great.