PDA

View Full Version : Black WOW Trim Restorer

Ryan R
11-30-2011, 08:44 AM
Curious as to whether or not anyone has tried and had good results with this?
It's not a permanent fix or a dye but as it states...will last several months .

here's what I'm looking to test it out on if I decide to purchase. Looks like a good candidate for an experiment. http://img.tapatalk.com/d8a4136d-3313-7494.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d8a4136d-332b-4571.jpg

slickooz
11-30-2011, 08:50 AM
Have you ever thought about Plasti dipping the grille? Very easy to do and will last a long time. And when you want to remove it just peel it off.

Ryan R
11-30-2011, 08:53 AM
Not my car. Co workers car. Just dropped it off for a wash clay polish and seal.
What's plasti dip?

SeaJay's
11-30-2011, 09:05 AM
I've used the black wow and it works well and does last. It's a pain to apply though. It's very thick and sticky.

I personally prefer Ultima Trim & Tire Guard, however I think your looking for more darkening ability than the UTTG offes. Black WOW does darken the trim.

Might want to look into the Plastic-dip or maybe just pull the grille off and repaint it.

Plastic-dip can be found at Lowe's or Home Depot in the paint section. It's a spray-able plastic type coating. I've personally never used it.

RFulmer
11-30-2011, 09:13 AM
Like the other poster said, black wow is thick and hard to put on. I can't ever seem to get it to look even. looking at that grill, I would vote for a reprint.

For less money Poorboys trim restorer is similar.

TroyScherer
11-30-2011, 09:22 AM
I have not had good results with black wow. Like others have said it is a little thick harder to apply thin and even.

RFulmer is correct... PB Trim Restorer is much easier to apply and lasts just as long for me.

Other options are WG Trim Sealant, Muc-Off Tire and Bumper Shine, Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus.

Ryan R
11-30-2011, 09:59 AM
I have the WG Trim sealant. Just curious as to whether or not the black wow had more of a darkening affect.
I may just try both Black Wow and the Poor Boys as well.
As for the grill...definitely needs something, as well as the whole front end
It's the head mechanics at work...has 200k on it. He runs down to VA almost every week. That and he uses it as a loaner car when he does people's cars on the side.
it shows alot of wear but it's a great car to practice my techniques and processes since he's not concerned with 100% correction. Mostly just paint cleaning and protection

D_Nyholm
11-30-2011, 11:48 AM
I've used black wow, pb trim, and ultima and I have to say that the ultima is by far the best as far as durability and looks on the plastic bits of my wifes mini cooper. When you wash the car you get to watch the plastic bead up just like it had wax on it. I put my most recent coat on October 1 and it is still going strong and looks as good as it did when I applied it!

RFulmer
11-30-2011, 12:15 PM
I've used black wow, pb trim, and ultima and I have to say that the ultima is by far the best as far as durability and looks on the plastic bits of my wifes mini cooper. When you wash the car you get to watch the plastic bead up just like it had wax on it. I put my most recent coat on October 1 and it is still going strong and looks as good as it did when I applied it!

I'll have to try out the ultima. I too drive a Mini Cooper which as you know has tons of black trim. Right now I'm using Adams SVRT which is outstanding, but like most Adams stuff, can get expensive if I use a lot of it.

PA DETAILER
11-30-2011, 12:33 PM
i never had really good results with black wow. i think there are better products now.

Ryan R
11-30-2011, 12:39 PM
I'm going to have to try the Ultima as well. The plasti dip seems pretty cool...the car owner doesn't or won't care if I use his car as a test subject..