PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a interior product please

Pages : [1] 2 3

PPLd
11-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Dear all,

I would like to ask about a product that is good for light interior cleaning. I have a JDM 2007 Nissan/Infiniti M as daily driver. It has leather/wood interior on dash, steering, doors etc. It is quite dirty inside now but I intend to clean it well during the Xmas holiday.

I am looking for a spray product that is:
- safe on leather, plastic (pleather, vinyl, clear or black), wood, chrome pieces, inside of glass windows (no tint)
- safely clean when spray and wiped with a MF towel on the above mentioned surfaces,
- dries to touch,
- pleasant smell when using. it will be a plus but not necessary if there is any pleasant smell left behind.
- Ideally it would be nice to leave behind some sort of protection. anything be able to repel dust and dirt for a certain period of time will be a plus. what about UV protection?

I have spent few days googling and found that
=> Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer,
=> Optimum Opti-Clean
=> DP Waterless Wash
seems to be the product that I am looking for.
Is that correct?
How does the 2 waterless products work when used as interior cleaner?
since the waterless products can be diluted waterless wash concentrate seem to be more economical as International shipping is crazy expensive.
Do you have any other products suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

P.S.: I have all purpose cleaners for heavy duty cleaning, and dedicated leather cleaners/conditioners for leather tasks.

JonMiles
11-29-2011, 09:16 PM
How about OPC? Then lock in the cleanliness with UIGP

shoeless89
11-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Thats a lot to ask of one product. For general all purpose cleaning I use Meguiar's APC+. You can dilute it to whatever ratio you want. I don't know of many products that will also work on glass as well as everything else. I've used Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer, it works well for light cleaning but doesn't work well for really bad areas. As far as cleaning properties as well as protection, some if not most UV protectant products have SOME cleaning ability. Whether its a built in cleaning agent or just the simple face that its a liquid and it'll help clean something.

I think the product that will be most economical on shipping and you could dilute would be Poorboy’s World Bio-Degradable All Purpose Cleaner and Degreaser 32 oz. Or you could get a gallon of another product.

Hope that helps!

PPLd
11-29-2011, 09:23 PM
How about OPC? Then lock in the cleanliness with UIGP

Thank you for recommending OPC and UIGP.
I will deep clean and protect it during the holiday.

I am looking for a 1-step product that I can use every week for some light dusting.
Is there such product for eh... lazy people like me?
:D

tw33k2514
11-29-2011, 09:24 PM
I am looking for a 1-step product that I can use every week for some light dusting.

Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer :props:

PPLd
11-29-2011, 09:26 PM
Thats a lot to ask of one product. For general all purpose cleaning I use Meguiar's APC+. You can dilute it to whatever ratio you want. I don't know of many products that will also work on glass as well as everything else. I've used Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer, it works well for light cleaning but doesn't work well for really bad areas. As far as cleaning properties as well as protection, some if not most UV protectant products have SOME cleaning ability. Whether its a built in cleaning agent or just the simple face that its a liquid and it'll help clean something.

I think the product that will be most economical on shipping and you could dilute would be Poorboy’s World Bio-Degradable All Purpose Cleaner and Degreaser 32 oz. Or you could get a gallon of another product.

Hope that helps!

Meguiar's APC/APC+ can be cut in 1:10.
However will the frequent application of APC "dry out" surfaces that I use them on?
most likely I will not apply a protectant/conditioner afterwards..

CEE DOG
11-29-2011, 09:36 PM
Ultima interior shampoo gel is what you described.

It is overpriced though, an excellent deal on bogo however. Stock up when you see it. Leaves the interior a hint darker.

UIGP is awesome for sealing the interior.

Ultima waterless wash plus is most excellent, the best price of any product. Leaves a bit of polymer protection also.

Optimum power clean and opti clean are excellent as well. If I need something powerful on interiors I use OPC but I use it with caution.

Opti clean works great for interiors also as I'm sure DP waterless does as well.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/28895-review-optimum-opti-clean.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/31246-review-ultima-interior-shampoo-gel.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/26993-review-ultima-interior-guard-plus-uigp.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/29647-review-ultima-waterless-wash-plus.html

JonMiles
11-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Thank you for recommending OPC and UIGP.
I will deep clean and protect it during the holiday.

:D

After using OPC and UIGP, dusting is as simple as wiping down with a damp microfiber. UIGP is going to stay put for a long time.

Bacon
11-29-2011, 09:58 PM
I think this is about the closest you are going to get; I love this stuff!

1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner safely cleans all clear and colored automotive plastic interior fittings such as dash, trim, door panels, navigation/audio screens, steering wheel, and pedals. It leaves a long-lasting matte finish with fresh citrus scent!

john b
11-29-2011, 10:03 PM
blackfire has a interior cleaner

Rez90
11-29-2011, 10:06 PM
Cockpit Premium. There is no greater interior product.

cpa5oh
11-29-2011, 10:08 PM
I have Cockpit Premium...I like it very much. Alot more expensive than Ultima Waterless Wash or Optimum Power Clean, I think.

AeroCleanse
11-29-2011, 10:20 PM
Cockpit Premium

ProMoDe
11-29-2011, 10:37 PM
I have fallen for DP's Total Interior Cleaner. Absolutely love it for all my interior needs.

11camryse
11-29-2011, 11:44 PM
Another for 1z cockpit.