PDA

View Full Version : Glass clay vs Standard Clay

A-train
11-29-2011, 08:52 PM
I have used standard clay on glass, My question is does glass specific clay really work that much better or is it basically the same results you would achieve using standard clay on glass? ( excluding the diamondite foam clay)

CAMAROZL1
11-29-2011, 09:09 PM
i had the same question a while ago. i never did buy glass clay and use some pinnacle clay since its really soft. you can see a huge difference in glass and crap that you take off glass is unreal.

shoeless89
11-29-2011, 09:26 PM
A couple months ago I asked about the difference between agressive clay, mild, glass, wheel clay ect. From what I've found out is . . . not much. I think wheel, glass clay is a more agressive clay. From my experience, I just use a dedicated piece of clay for wheels. And another piece for paint and windows. I actually use the window to flatten my clay after I knead it to make sure its as flat as possible.

A-train
11-29-2011, 09:38 PM
i had the same question a while ago. i never did buy glass clay and use some pinnacle clay since its really soft. you can see a huge difference in glass and crap that you take off glass is unreal.

yeah I could tell a big difference between it also, which led me to believe that I may not need to buy glass clay since I didnt really see what else it would be able to do. I kinda had suspicions that it was just a clever marketing ploy..

tw33k2514
11-29-2011, 09:43 PM
All about the Benjamin's baby!

Seriously though, its retarded how they try to market us the same stuff.

RTexasF
11-29-2011, 09:45 PM
Marketing my man, marketing. Tire clay will be next.

A-train
11-29-2011, 09:45 PM
A couple months ago I asked about the difference between agressive clay, mild, glass, wheel clay ect. From what I've found out is . . . not much. I think wheel, glass clay is a more agressive clay. From my experience, I just use a dedicated piece of clay for wheels. And another piece for paint and windows. I actually use the window to flatten my clay after I knead it to make sure its as flat as possible.

Good point, didn't think about it being just reg aggressive clay.

Hoytman
11-29-2011, 10:17 PM
Marketing my man, marketing. Tire clay will be next.

Don't know abou tires, but I use it on rubber trim, seals, and wiper blades. I keep old clay for this use, and you wouldn't believe the crap it takes off. I find it quite useful in removing oxidized, or blooming rubber trim before putting your favorite protectand on it. Cleans wiper blades up good also.

Of course, I often use a strong window cleaner and paper towels for this, but if they're real bad a piece of old clay does wonders for getting a little bit more life out of wipers. Then again, I use a bunch of rain-x, so generally the wipers rot off before they see much use.

BMW
11-30-2011, 08:41 AM
I just promote my "paint" clay to glass clay when it has gotten to the point where I can no longer knead to a pristine surface.

To stop the trolls: glass is hundreds of times harder than paint

CEE DOG
11-30-2011, 09:16 AM
Marketing