PDA

View Full Version : Can I use MUQW on top of Collinite 845?

BWG707
11-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Is it OK to use Meguiars UQW on top of Collinite 845 as a sort of quick detailing wax? I've heard conficting opinions. Or should I just apply another coat of Collinite, I'd rather not do another total wax job again right now? I'm actually looking for a quick detailing spray for touching up, etc. I already have the MUQW and would rather not purchase any other product if not necessary.

mwtaco
11-29-2011, 11:26 AM
i use this combo all the time. my cars have c845 and i do a DP rinseless wash always followed by uqw every 1-3 weeks. works great for me. in fact, with this regimen ive noticed my black truck has actually gotten glossier over time.

what kind of conflict between the two products are you suspecting?

btw, uqw is not a quick detailer. it is a spray wax that is intended for application on clean paint. there is a meguiars ultimate quick detailer that is available otc.

silverfox
11-29-2011, 11:28 AM
UQW is compatible with both carnuba waxes or sealants. I've used it over Collinite 915 and DoDo waxes (after a wash as a booster) without any issues whatsoever.

shoeless89
11-29-2011, 11:58 AM
I agree, there should be no problem using Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax over Collinite 845.

umi000
11-29-2011, 12:15 PM
From experience, I know that this works perfectly fine :xyxthumbs:

Italian Iron
11-29-2011, 12:44 PM
From experience, I know that this works perfectly fine :xyxthumbs:

:iagree:

I use Megs AND Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Spray wax as well over 845 with great results..

I'm testing two coats of 845 and two coats of Pinnacle to see how it works this winter..

BWG707
11-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Thanks for all the replies, that was what I wanted to hear. I had just read on some websites that a couple people said not to put that type of wax (MUQW) on top of C845. I don't have any idea what there exact reasons were so I just wanted some expert advise from this forum. I realize that UQW is not a detailer, it's just that it's so easy to use I kinda consider as a detailer. That is great though, I'll be able to get some use out of the bottle of UQW that was handed down to me.