PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars D156 vs CG Hybrid V7 vs Autoglym Express Wax

Pages : [1] 2 3

Theostoubos
11-29-2011, 03:25 AM
Hi,

Any opinions for a good quick spray wax ?

I've been using the Autoglym Express Wax and I was quite happy with it. (easy on & off, good protection, very slick, amazing smell !!!). Has anybody used either the D156 or the CG Hybrid V7 ? Any other suggestions ? On another thread some people also suggested Duragloss Aqua Wax or Optimum Car Wax.

Thanks in advance.

sohail99
11-29-2011, 05:25 AM
Only true 'quick' wax/sealants I've tried are Meguiars Ultimate quick wax(this is really amazing stuff!!) and WG spritz sealant.
I'm not too sure about their durability. But they should last a week or so!

OCW on the other hand needs a bit more time but durability is claimed to be around 1-2 months!

umi000
11-29-2011, 05:52 AM
UQW will easily last for more than one week - should be good for two or three. Also, I've found OCW to be just as easy to use as UQW - why do you say that it needs more time to apply?

sohail99
11-29-2011, 05:55 AM
^Its a bit more viscous and tends to clog my mf after a few panels!

UQW goes on so easy like a QD!

umi000
11-29-2011, 06:12 AM
Ah, I see. I've found that using a short-nap MF works better for spray waxes, at least for me. Also, I tend to use after a wash, when I've done the rinse but before drying, and I don't really run into issues when used this way. Perhaps it's because another spray wax I have, Mothers Reflections spray wax, is that much more difficult to use - it streaks really bad, even on a wet car. I like the scent though, and it really darkens the paint, just wish it were easier to use. Out of curiosity, how many sprays are you using per panel?

BTT - to the OP, I'm not sure you'd find that many comparisons with V7 or AG Express Wax over here, mainly because AG doesn't offer either product (and it is their forum ;)). Have you tried checking out DW? They might have more info on these two products.

fredcandetail
11-29-2011, 06:21 AM
D156 FTW !!!
Goes on like you said like a QD , dries streak free even in cold weather and isn't finicky at all EVER
AquaWax is just as good so it's all personal preference... I use D156 as it has the hydrophobicroperties and aqua wax doesn't really say it has them so I think it has a slight advantage over AW

Flannigan
11-29-2011, 07:29 AM
OCW will add real protection unlike a lot of other spray/quick waxes. It's very easy to use, and shouldn't clog up an MF if you don't use too much. It takes very little to coat a panel.

silverfox
11-29-2011, 08:52 AM
I live in the NorthEast where we get long winters. OCW can be finicky about temp/humidity. D156 (UQW) is fantastic...it goes on effortlessly in 20 degrees or 100 in the shade. It sheets like crazy and water just flies off it. It also has one more quality I have never seen in any spray wax or sealant....filling ability. Looks great too at a great price point. I think its one of the most under rated products on the market.

No, it doesn't last 3 months like OCW claims, but it doesn't matter if you put in on every couple weeks after a wash, or better yet...add 1 oz to a rinesless/ONR wash each time you wash that way.

Flannigan
11-29-2011, 08:58 AM
I live in the NorthEast where we get long winters. OCW can be finicky about temp/humidity. D156 (UQW) is fantastic...it goes on effortlessly in 20 degrees or 100 in the shade. It sheets like crazy and water just flies off it. It also has one more quality I have never seen in any spray wax or sealant....filling ability. Looks great too at a great price point. I think its one of the most under rated products on the market.

No, it doesn't last 3 months like OCW claims, but it doesn't matter if you put in on every couple weeks after a wash, or better yet...add 1 oz to a rinesless/ONR wash each time you wash that way.
Thats odd that you have trouble with OCW in the cold. I used it on several cars earlier this year in sub 50 degree weather and it worked just fine for me. Maybe humidity plays a role in it?

As for the durability I have put two coats of OCW on a car and gotten three full months of beeading/sheeting. I agree UQW is a good product, it just doesn't offer the protection that I look for in an LSP. Great for touch ups though.

SonOfOC
11-29-2011, 10:46 AM
Favorite is Meg D156. Exactly the same as Meg UQD with orange peel scent. Then it's a 3 way tie with Optimum, CG V7, and Autoglym.

D156 is also the lowest priced too!

tw33k2514
11-29-2011, 10:49 AM
D156 hands down. Amazing product, at an unbelievable price.

Theostoubos
11-29-2011, 10:58 AM
Thank you for the replies. I'm ready to pull the trigger on D156, based on reviews and price. Durability is not my primary concern. Collinite 476S will be taking care of that. But i love the slick feeling of a "fresh" thin coat of a quick wax after every wash. The other thing that is really "weird" is how much attached we get over a product just because of the smell. Hard to explain I guess....

As for the hybrid V7, it was voted product of the year in the quick detailing category, and that's why it is also considered. I understand though that CG are not endorsed in AG so it's understandable not to find any opinions.

Once again thank you for the replies.

umi000
11-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Favorite is Meg D156. Exactly the same as Meg UQD with orange peel scent. Then it's a 3 way tie with Optimum, CG V7, and Autoglym.

D156 is also the lowest priced too!

Just to correct this, for the reference of those who might read the thread in the future - D/M156 (Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax) is equivalent to Ultimate Quik Wax; it's M135 (Synthetic Spray Detailer) which is the equivalent of Ultimate Quik Detailer.

embolism
11-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Thank you for the replies. I'm ready to pull the trigger on D156, based on reviews and price. Durability is not my primary concern. Collinite 476S will be taking care of that. But i love the slick feeling of a "fresh" thin coat of a quick wax after every wash. The other thing that is really "weird" is how much attached we get over a product just because of the smell. Hard to explain I guess....

As for the hybrid V7, it was voted product of the year in the quick detailing category, and that's why it is also considered. I understand though that CG are not endorsed in AG so it's understandable not to find any opinions.

Once again thank you for the replies.

CGv7 is a synthetic sealant or so I thought. I use it like any other spray wax though. Doesn't streak on black and smells pretty good but haven't formed any other opinions about it.

I'll reach for it no more often than I do my DGAW or Lucas slick mist

Meticulous-Detail
11-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Just ordered a gallon of D156 and have some DG AW on the way too. Heard great things about both, but you can't beat the price of D156.