PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions on what else please...

bimmerchuck
11-28-2011, 11:58 AM
For Xmas, wifey is getting me a Flex XC 3401 VRG Wolfgang package. Kids are getting me a Wolfgang 1/2 Gallon Foam Gun. When we placed the order last night, I threwi n the Megs 105 and a pack of Surbuf pads. I know I will need more pads and chemicals to do the job right.

About 2 months ago I upgraded from an 96 E36 318is to a 07 328i. It is Sparkling Graphite Metallic and it appears as if the original owner 2 owners thought ALL the horizontal panels were the perfect spot to put any and all their crap. It is very scratched. I believe the Megs 105/Surbuf combo should correct 90% or more of the scratches. My original arsenal that I used on the E36 consisted of a cheap Harbor Freight rotary, white pads from local parts store and Megs Pro chemicals. Needless to say, all that stuff has reached its end. I didn't want to use old chemicals and pads on the E90.

I know I will need atleast 2 more pads of each color (orange, white and gray)

Can the Megs 105 be followed by the Wolfgang STR 3.0 then the FG 3.0 (included in Flex package) or do I need to do a pass with Megs 205 right after 105?

If the WG products will suffice, will 8oz of each be enough or should I get more?

About the Foammaster, can I use Simple Green in it as a degreaser?

I have some time to get everything together seeing as how the detail won't take place until after Xmas.

Thanks in advance!

Chuck

Mike Phillips
11-28-2011, 12:07 PM
Since this is your first post to the forum...

Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

Can the Megs 105 be followed by the Wolfgang STR 3.0 then the FG 3.0 (included in Flex package) or do I need to do a pass with Megs 205 right after 105?

If the WG products will suffice, will 8oz of each be enough or should I get more?

The TSR and the FG will be more than enough to follow-up after the M105 and 8 ounces should be enough considering the heavy lifting will be over with via the M105.

About the Foammaster, can I use Simple Green in it as a degreaser?

Over the years, I think I've read more horror stories about using Simple Green for automotive cleaning and detailing than success stories. Mostly about it staining various surfaces...

:)

bimmerchuck
11-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the welcome and the quick response.

I'll find a new degreaser then, thanks.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-28-2011, 12:20 PM
Welcome to AGO Chuck.

Please stay away from the simple green as a degreaser.

Too bad the previous owners scratched the hell out of the car.