PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Black Onyx Vs. Wolfgang Gel

Pages : [1] 2

cobraa
11-28-2011, 09:06 AM
Hey guys,

I have a gallon of DP tire gel and a gallon of Wolfgang. I used to think Pinnacle Black onyx was the best gel in term of wet/gloss look, making the tire really dark.

Last time I went with Wolfgang and couldn't see a difference hahahaha!

Could the difference only be in my head!? Your thought is appreciate:props:

alko
11-28-2011, 09:38 AM
Every time I order from AG, my free sample is always the Pinnacle Black Onyx tire gel. I have had one sample of the WG, but I like Pinnacle the best. The consistancy of the product and the application was way better, IMO, than the WG. WG didn't really give it the shine I was looking for in a tire dressing, and it didn't last as long as BOTG. I don't like things TOO shiny, but then again I don't like things too matted-I'll leave that for the interior panels...that said, I LOVE WG's vinyl and rubber protectant and the WG leather cleaner and condition. Back to the original question...no it's not in your head.

OAN congrats on the award for your Skyline. I'm about to check the pics out.

cobraa
11-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Thanks alko!

A-train
11-28-2011, 10:30 AM
I could tell a diff, I like the look of black onyx better, plus it lasted longer. I also had some minor sling with the wolfgang tire gel.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

pixelmonkey
11-28-2011, 11:41 AM
hummm... good to hear some input. *I havent really searched*

have the freebie of Wolfgang gel coming with an order in-route.
i'll try the ppinnacle on the next order.

chris<pixelmonkey>:D

alko
11-28-2011, 12:07 PM
hummm... good to hear some input. *I havent really searched*

have the freebie of Wolfgang gel coming with an order in-route.
i'll try the ppinnacle on the next order.

chris<pixelmonkey>:D

I love the smell of the Black Onyx.

cobraa
11-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Well I have like 10oz of free sample of black onyx but was thinking if I shouldn't make the move and buy a 16oz.

BTW, with the useage I'm doing, I would say 3-max 4 oz of Black onyx will be enought to have shinny tire all summer long! I mean.. I use like 0.5oz if not less to do all 4 tires!

alko
11-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Well I have like 10oz of free sample of black onyx but was thinking if I shouldn't make the move and buy a 16oz.

BTW, with the useage I'm doing, I would say 3-max 4 oz of Black onyx will be enought to have shinny tire all summer long! I mean.. I use like 0.5oz if not less to do all 4 tires!

I used 3 sample sizes throughout the summer and it has lasted me. I wasn't dressing the tires all the time, especially if I knew it would rain in a few days. I will, one day, buy the bottle, but the samples are still rolling in and I have like 1 and a half samples left.

shoeless89
11-28-2011, 02:09 PM
I like Black Onyx better, but I've also had minor sling with it

dad07
11-28-2011, 02:24 PM
I've used both and really cound't tell the difference between the two execpt I got some sling from both.......switched to oti-bond and never looked back!

alko
11-28-2011, 02:35 PM
...switched to oti-bond and never looked back!

hhhhmmmmmmmmm opti-bond huh?! Imma have to check it out. Is that stuff hard to remove when going for a regular maintenance/wash? I like the fact that the Black Onyx doesn't last TOO long and isn't a PITA to remove.

dad07
11-28-2011, 02:43 PM
hhhhmmmmmmmmm opti-bond huh?! Imma have to check it out. Is that stuff hard to remove when going for a regular maintenance/wash? I like the fact that the Black Onyx doesn't last TOO long and isn't a PITA to remove.

Nope Alex just clean with your favorite tire cleaner.......Opti-bond leaves a "New Tire" look not to shiney....I dillute it 1:1 for a matte finish,but used "neat" it gives a satin finish.

Nick McKees37
11-28-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm a big fan of the Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel but you can't go wrong with either one because it comes down to a matter of personal preference depending on what kind of look you're after.

Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel (http://wolfgangcarcare.com/wg4700.html)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/nick/Fall%20Specials/Black%20Diamond%20Mustang.JPG (http://wolfgangcarcare.com/wg4700.html)

:righton:

shoeless89
11-28-2011, 02:54 PM
I've used both and really cound't tell the difference between the two execpt I got some sling from both.......switched to oti-bond and never looked back!

I agree, Opti-bond is my go-to tire dressing now. Still have about 1/2 a bottle of Black Onyx left

BobbyG
11-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Pinnacle Black Onyx and Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel are two entirely different products.

Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel is not what I would call a Gel at all. While the Pinnacle is a true Gel the Wolfgang product is something similar to turkey gravy...although the two cannot be substituted...

While both work their final look is much different.

I did a writeup on the Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel product including a description and photos. Take some time and read the all the posts in this thread, they're very interesting, see the link below.

Wolfgang Black Diamond Gel Writeup (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/wolfgang-car-care/39185-black-diamond-tire-gel.html#post513911) Post #5