PDA

View Full Version : Wax collection of a guy I found on Google

PPLd
11-28-2011, 06:25 AM
Dresden's story (http://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=wkhcrd4895&logNo=130979027&categoryNo=0&currentPage=)

I was searching for a wax comparison and found this.
Thats an amazing collection of boutique wax.
However the wax looks like barely used.

BobbyG
11-28-2011, 06:48 AM
It is an amazing collection and I agree, collecting is all that he seem to do as those containers look pristine....:props:

Showroom Shine
11-28-2011, 07:21 AM
it is an amazing collection and i agree, collecting is all that he seem to do as those containers look pristine....:props:
does he use any of them?

BobbyG
11-28-2011, 07:25 AM
does he use any of them?

He may or may not, we have no way of knowing what's underneath those coversSome of the containers do appear to be sealed though.

Nevertheless, this is quite a collection of some really fine waxes..........:props:

PPLd
11-28-2011, 08:20 AM
does he use any of them?

While I do not understand Korean, I tried to read with the help of google translator.
He seem to have a post that is about using Zymol Concours onto his silver car.
I dont recognize that car. It might be a domestic market model of Korean brand because I dont think I have seen it here in Asia.

It is always fun to see how people over the other side of the World is doing things differently and I personally appreciate the cultural difference.

cobraa
11-28-2011, 08:29 AM
I mean all he has is 50-100$ jar. If you get higher-end wax you could just buy 9 of these jars. I was expecting more to be honest!

IOMCAMARO
11-28-2011, 08:40 AM
I mean all he has is 50-100$ jar. If you get higher-end wax you could just buy 9 of these jars. I was expecting more to be honest!

Have you seen the price of Swissvax????

cobraa
11-28-2011, 08:48 AM
Have you seen the price of Swissvax????

Sure. I have 2 jar of their higher-end wax. My point was, I'm sure there's at least 20% of AG who have as much if not more :P I've seen that thread, very fun btw

Mike Phillips
11-28-2011, 08:50 AM
Reminds me of something I wrote almost two years ago in this thread,

The Difference Between a Cleaner/Wax and a Finishing Wax (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/23263-difference-between-cleaner-wax-finishing-wax.html)

Question: How many car waxes do you need?

"Car waxes are to men like shoes are to women, you can never have too many"

:xyxthumbs:

SkateForGirl
11-28-2011, 01:03 PM
It is an amazing collection and I agree, collecting is all that he seem to do as those containers look pristine....:props:
Thats what I was thinking. The Zymols were all still sealed for god sakes haha.
The rest look full too.

toycar18
11-28-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm sure many on here have pretty awesome wax collections.

Dark Horse has quite the collection

see link for pictureshttp://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/discounts-specials/43463-cyber-busters-2011-a-10.html#post575447

FUNX650
11-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Dresden's story (http://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=wkhcrd4895&logNo=130979027&categoryNo=0&currentPage=)

I was searching for a wax comparison and found this.
Thats an amazing collection of boutique wax.
However the wax looks like barely used.

I'll agree....Nice collection.

I, too, once was a collector of waxes. But my collection has taken quite a hit recently. The story behind the story:

The Wife approached me last week with this question: "Hey Babe, why so many waxes? They're just sitting there gathering dust! Why don't you donate some to our Church for the upcoming December Church Bazaar?"

I pondered this over for a little bit (and remembering what other AGO forum members have related) and said: "OK, why not. I've got more than I could ever use in three or four lifetimes"...and proceeded to pack-up: Oh so many, many new, and "gently used" wax products; and, then, prior to her departing, loaded them up into her Jeep yesterday,for early-delivery/pricing-tags-affixment for the upcoming December's Church's Bazaar.

Upon her returning home from Sunday's services (I was too crestfallen to attend Church), she must have noticed my sullen countenance and asked me: "Hey Babe, is there something bothering you? If it's about your wax-collection donation, you shouldn't worry".

"After all, when your dead and gone, the "Pool-Boy" and I may have other plans on what waxes we're going to use...for car care, or otherwise."
And as Paul Harvey used to say: "....and that's the rest of the story"

:(

Bob

Dr Oldz
11-28-2011, 04:40 PM
Not too bad for a beginner ;) :D

Flannigan
11-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Not too bad for a beginner ;) :D
LOL :iagree:

pickles
11-28-2011, 05:27 PM
does he use any of them?

Probably not, he probably spent so much money on car wax that he cannot afford a car now.