PDA

View Full Version : Ultima Waterless Wash as a QD versus other QD's

cpa5oh
11-27-2011, 06:32 PM
I use a quick detailer after each wash...right now I'm using Aquawax and/or Optimum Instant Detailer. The Aquawax gives me that just been waxed look with no streaking whatsoever...the Instant Detailer I think would look even better than the Aquawax save for the fact that I'm getting streaking and the appearance of a film in spots (on black paint.) Price between the two isn't comparable - Instant Detailer is much, much less expensive than Aquawax...which is why I keep working with Instant Detailer to try and get it to work for me.

Just came across the Ultima Waterless Wash on the forums here and see everyone saying it's a great waterless wash and that you can use it as an instant detailer, too. The price per gallon of useable product is crazy low.

Question is, considering how I'd use the product mostly (right after a regular wash to get added gloss/shine,) how does it compare specifically in that regard (gloss/appearance) to products like Aquawax, Optimum Instant Detailer, and other spray wax/instant detailers?

Though I read alot of threads, and read rave reviews about it with positive mention of the gloss and slickness it leaves, I wasn't able to get the perspective of how the gloss and slickness compares to instant detailers and spray waxes...not sure if everyone was saying the gloss and slickness is great for a waterless wash or just great, period (considering what detailers and spray waxes can do.)

Gonna order it tonight with the free shipping if I hear it's gloss and slickness is on instant detailer/spray wax level.

Thanks!

derass
03-12-2017, 12:08 AM
I'm wondering the same thing, the cost of UWW+ or ONR as a QD is a fraction of dedicated QD's. It's hard to ignore.

I would like my QD to: remove residues during a correction, "even out" the finish and add some extra gloss after applying LSP and be able to remove bird bombs on the fly.

Any new opinions 5+ years later? I'm surprise this thread never took off.

AZpolisher15
03-12-2017, 12:42 AM
If you're looking to remove residue during a correction you might not want to "add some gloss" before laying down an LSP. That said, while Wolfgang Uber Rinseless concentrate does add some nice gloss, it doesn't lay down much by the way of protection- so, whatever LSP you choose will probably blow right by it and adhere just fine. It might satisfy your desire for a versatile product very nicely. Super slick, glossy, and great as a quick detailer. In fact, it does a whole bunch of things very well.

Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash, no rinse car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-uber-rinseless-wash.html)

derass
03-12-2017, 01:15 AM
Thanks! A few people have also recommended Wolfgang Rinseless to me as well.

On second thought, adding gloss is not high on my list of QD requirements. That's what my spray wax is for. I'd revise my requirement to be: remove residues during paint correction and LSP application.

AZpolisher15
03-12-2017, 01:37 AM

On second thought, adding gloss is not high on my list of QD requirements. That's what my spray wax is for. I'd revise my requirement to be: remove residues during paint correction and LSP application.
This may, perhaps, be a better choice. I've not used it, but it's getting great reviews.
McKee’s 37 N-914 Rinseless Wash (http://www.autogeek.net/mckees-rinseless-wash.html)

Eldorado2k
03-12-2017, 01:38 AM

You seem pretty adamant about wanting to go with Ultima Waterless Wash+
Just know that UWW+ contains what they call "Polycharger" It says it protects from the elements and UV rays... Protection isn't exactly what I'd want laying down just prior to my lsp. It also says not to use in direct sun, whereas Wolfgang Uber can be used in direct sun no problem, doesn't leave any so called protection nor interfere with it, and will likely out gloss whatever spray wax you're currently using. But if you've already got your mind made up choose UWW+

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170312/197b55cc2e643e38252c8a1514ce9b12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rsurfer
03-12-2017, 02:15 AM
Let's through Eco2o into the mix.

Leo49
05-02-2019, 11:37 PM
did you ever get a chance to try Ultima waterless for a gloss and Slickness test?

dlc95
05-03-2019, 04:07 AM
Just to note -

Aquawax, and Optimum Instant Detailer are two different types of products. Aquawax is a spray sealant, and the Optimum product is an actual detail spray. Duragloss Fast Clean & Shine is probably the direct competitor to the Optimum product.

Value wise, you'd probably still be in the same situation. I've read some nice things about people using the Duragloss rinseless as a qd or clay lube.

I've been using ONR, but like you I've also been considering the Ultima product. So, thanks for starting the the thread!

Desertnate
05-03-2019, 08:28 AM
Let's through Eco2o into the mix.

Absolutely. My thoughts too.

Now that I have Ech2o, I may never use a QD spray again on a coated vehicle. I've found Ech2o to be far more versatile and economical compared to a QD and performs just as well. The bottles of QD in my cabinet are probably my last.

At the waterless wash/QD ratio I use it as a QD for stuff like bird bombs/random smudges, waterless wash when the car is lightly dusty, and as a post wash wipe down to get rid of water spots. I find it really easy to use and I don't know if it really "boosts" the gloss much, but it does seem to return the gloss/shine/look of the original coating on the vehicle.

I think overall waterless washes have come to a place where, for my purposes, QD's are no longer relevant because the waterless washes do everything I need at a lower price point.