PDA

View Full Version : Porter Cable 7424xp Question

Louie_Blu
11-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Just put on the yellow backing plate on my New PC7424 XP and placed a Lake country 5.5 orange pad on to it and some Power finish started it up for the first time and the PC is vibrating very hard against my hood, when I look at the video of Mike using it, it is smooth fluid like operation

What am I doing wrong, I mean my hand was shaking pretty bad trying to hold it on number 3 speed

Help :(

mark58
11-27-2011, 03:17 PM
Just put on the yellow backing plate on my New PC7424 XP and placed a Lake country 5.5 orange pad on to it and some Power finish started it up for the first time and the PC is vibrating very hard against my hood, when I look at the video of Mike using it, it is smooth fluid like operation

What am I doing wrong, I mean my hand was shaking pretty bad trying to hold it on number 3 speed

Did you use the washer?

alko
11-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Did you use the washer?

Yeah...check the washer

Louie_Blu
11-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Did you use the washer?

Yeah...check the washer

yes, the black washer I didn't remove it, just placed the yellow backing plate with a very light snug tight and that was it

mark58
11-27-2011, 04:25 PM
What speed are you running?

Louie_Blu
11-27-2011, 04:52 PM
What speed are you running?
I turn it on at speed 3 then I tried to lower the speed yes the vibration was less but nothing compared to what I think its suppose to run like in the videos Mike is using it, I just hope it isn't a messed up PC

mark58
11-27-2011, 05:06 PM
I turn it on at speed 3 then I tried to lower the speed yes the vibration was less but nothing compared to what I think its suppose to run like in the videos Mike is using it, I just hope it isn't a messed up PC
Does not sound like it's spinning at all, just vibrating. Turn your speed up to 5. You need to get the pad to spin at.

DARK HORSE
11-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Does not sound like it's spinning at all, just vibrating. Turn your speed up to 5. You need to get the pad to spin at.

:iagree:try turning up the speed. If you are going to do correction work with it you'll want to run it on 6. Also there should be this carbon spacer/washer included in the box. Make sure you have it installed as well..

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_02372.JPG

BobbyG
11-27-2011, 05:13 PM

Did the polisher come with the counterweight and is it installed?

Louie_Blu
11-27-2011, 06:28 PM
It's Spinning alright I marked the plate with a black marker I did turn it up to six and I have a firm hold on the machine but its still vibrating like mad

:iagree:try turning up the speed. If you are going to do correction work with it you'll want to run it on 6. Also there should be this carbon spacer/washer included in the box. Make sure you have it installed as well..

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_02372.JPG
The only washer I have was on the backing plate and its black looks like the one in your picture but it is on there

Did the polisher come with the counterweight and is it installed?yes the counter weight is installed

Still vibrating bad Gonna call Porter Cable CS in the morning see what they tell me.

Thank you all for your help I appreciate it :xyxthumbs:

mark58
11-27-2011, 06:59 PM
It's Spinning alright I marked the plate with a black marker I did turn it up to six and I have a firm hold on the machine but its still vibrating like mad

The only washer I have was on the backing plate and its black looks like the one in your picture but it is on there
yes the counter weight is installed

Still vibrating bad Gonna call Porter Cable CS in the morning see what they tell me.

Thank you all for your help I appreciate it :xyxthumbs:
At least it's spinning,,I had to get rid of mine it was vibrating and barley spinning. Mine was PC 7346 from Lowes but from what understand it's same as yours.

Louie_Blu
11-27-2011, 08:33 PM
At least it's spinning,,I had to get rid of mine it was vibrating and barley spinning. Mine was PC 7346 from Lowes but from what understand it's same as yours.

wow maybe I got a bad apple I bought it from AG so I know they are good in replacing it I hope lol, thanks for your reply