PDA

View Full Version : newbie car care question

nissanboy31
02-20-2007, 06:05 PM
First things first, this site rocks. Next is just bought a 2007 nissan versa. really nice little car. My other cars that I have owned in the past have rusted through and I really didn't care about them. I want to keep the finish looking nice on my new car. Ok I am looking to buy the pinnacle spray and the body shampoo. I am not looking for it to be showcar perfect. Yet I would like to look nice. I would like to keep my first order from auto geek under $100 for now. That $100 includes some cobra supplies. Is the spray wax and shampoo enough to get by for now until I have more money to spend on more products.

Whitethunder46
02-20-2007, 06:10 PM
I would say yes, especially since it's new.

At least pick up a clay bar kit. this will remove any embedded contaminents that might be on the paint that washing won't get. Once you do this you can use Souveran spray wax or any other qualified spray wax. Aqua Wax and optimum spray wax come to mind.

supercharged
02-21-2007, 12:56 AM
First things first, this site rocks. Next is just bought a 2007 nissan versa. really nice little car. My other cars that I have owned in the past have rusted through and I really didn't care about them. I want to keep the finish looking nice on my new car. Ok I am looking to buy the pinnacle spray and the body shampoo. I am not looking for it to be showcar perfect. Yet I would like to look nice. I would like to keep my first order from auto geek under $100 for now. That $100 includes some cobra supplies. Is the spray wax and shampoo enough to get by for now until I have more money to spend on more products.

Pinnacle offers very nice products, some of the best in the world. But if you are on a budget and want to get slose to Pinnacle results a little cheaper products - look at Poorboy's and DP.
Wash ---Poorboy's SS&S
Dry - Cobra Guzzler
Clay - any clay will do it, but stay away form Meguiar's aggressive clay (red), but be sure to use clay with proper clay lubricant.
Wax - I would look at Collinite #845 liquid paste, or at #476S hard cake paste for maximum durability
Get some Cobra MF towels.

Post some pictures. :)
Good luck.

6LS2
02-21-2007, 02:34 AM
And a foam gun