PDA

View Full Version : How to make Meg's MF Towel stop releasing fibers ?

Pages : [1] 2 3

DaC
11-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Guys, I don't know if I have to do something that I didn't but my Meg's MF towels (x2020) just won't stop releasing their fibers.... I'm pretty upset everytime I clean a window or try to buff off something from the paint and have all these fiber laying on top of it... these towels were already washed at least 4 times each...
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8395/dsc06595mini.jpg

Here you can see what I mean on the cd scratch test... which I wasn't impressed BTW... I have some poor quality (at least I thought so) local MF towels, that I use to clean wheels and stuff that weren't able to barely put any light scratch on this dvd, while meg's towels did put a lot. :bash:

boatmangc
11-27-2011, 11:17 AM
I am becoming less of a fan of MF towels, I have pretty much switched back to the old 100% Cotton white US made high end bath towel with the edges cut off.

RTexasF
11-27-2011, 11:23 AM
There's no stopping it. Poor quality cannot be repaired, donate them to the trash.

DaC
11-27-2011, 11:27 AM
There's no stopping it. Poor quality cannot be repaired, donate them to the trash.

I bought them thinking they're high quality because they're from megs.... anyway... these towels were one of my first detailing purchase back in june.... I have 8 of them...

I also realize they don't buff off polish liquids so well.... or it's just me doing something wrong ?

What towels would you guys recommend ?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Im in the same boat as you DaC. I have a bunch of Meg's towels and they lint like crazy all over my black BMW's. Pisses me off to no end.

So, what do you guys recommend to replace these Meg towels?

DaC
11-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Im in the same boat as you DaC. I have a bunch of Meg's towels and they lint like crazy all over my black BMW's. Pisses me off to no end.

So, what do you guys recommend to replace these Meg towels?

Man! what a relief to know I'm not the only one!
Maybe I should change the title: Meg's towels = garbage

What about when buffing polishing liquids off from the paint ?
Do also have a hard time too ? The polishing liquids seems to stick to the paint because meg's towels just can't take it off ?

PS: here in Brazil this towels are sold for $25.00 for the 3-pack.... the single unit pack is around $10.00..... and to pay that much to get a product like that would have pissed me off if I haven't bought it from AG.

05xrunner
11-27-2011, 01:04 PM
Cobra rolled edge MF towels is what i would replace them with 3pack is only 9.99 they are only towels I let touch my paint

DaC
11-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Cobra rolled edge MF towels is what i would replace them with 3pack is only 9.99 they are only towels I let touch my paint

this one ?

Cobra Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towel, gold detail cloth, buffing towel, microfiber buffing towel, micro fiber (http://www.autogeek.net/gold-plush-jr-towel.html)

Because I only could find this for 9.99
Super Soft Deluxe Green Microfiber Towels with Rolled Edges, microfiber buffing towels, micro fiber (http://www.autogeek.net/green-rolled-edge-towels-3.html)

05xrunner
11-27-2011, 01:39 PM
i have those both and they are great..i like the rolled edge more
Super Soft Deluxe Blue Microfiber Towels, microfiber detailing towels, buffing towels, micro fiber towel, detail cloth (http://www.autogeek.net/super-soft-microfiber-towels.html)
they are same as green but just blue I have both kind just to add some variety LOL

tw33k2514
11-27-2011, 01:48 PM
Can't beat the rolled edge towels. Best bang for you buck hands down.

DaC
11-27-2011, 01:52 PM
i have those both and they are great..i like the rolled edge more
Super Soft Deluxe Blue Microfiber Towels, microfiber detailing towels, buffing towels, micro fiber towel, detail cloth (http://www.autogeek.net/super-soft-microfiber-towels.html)
they are same as green but just blue I have both kind just to add some variety LOL

That's great!! Thanks for sharing this one.... I just saw all the great reviews there.... well... it seems to be a no brainer then... I'll get these to replace meg's....
:thankyousign:

Dr Oldz
11-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Use them for grease rags and call it a day.

DaC
11-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Use them for grease rags and call it a day.

What a sad end for them.... I had highly consideration for it..... now it's past...
I just regret not asking you guys before... I thought the lint problem would just fix after a couple washes....
Maybe I can make a giveaway of it for some friends... :dblthumb2:

RTexasF
11-27-2011, 02:08 PM
Give them to someone you don't like.
Although not sold here I find the towels from Poorboy's to excel in quality.

DaC
11-27-2011, 02:15 PM
Give them to someone you don't like.
LMAO
Don't say that... I already gave one to my mother a couple of months back....:applause:

Although not sold here I find the towels from Poorboy's to excel in quality.
I'll take a look at it...