PDA

View Full Version : Polarized sunglasses and detailing

DaC
11-27-2011, 07:22 AM
Guys, have you ever used a polarized lens while detailing ?
Would it make it easier to see wax and other products layer you're putting them on the paint ?

wytstang
11-27-2011, 07:40 AM
I use a pair to help me see on my white car. Also helps me see when I come inside the house after staring at the sun in the paint for a few hours (I hate that).

DaC
11-27-2011, 07:46 AM
Nice! So I guess it could help you a lot to put a thin coat from wax, even opti-coat and also to know if the polish liquid is still wet while buffing ?

ScottB
11-27-2011, 10:33 AM
I wear mine all the time, only issue is the fishy glass all cars seem to have. But it does "seem" to help spotting water, wax, and other items including well dressed tires and trim.

DaC
11-27-2011, 10:37 AM
I wear mine all the time, only issue is the fishy glass all cars seem to have. But it does "seem" to help spotting water, wax, and other items including well dressed tires and trim.

Nice!
Well I ordered a cheap one for me... I can't wait to try it while detailing....
A couple of years back I had one of these polarized sunglasses and I was even able to see all the dust on my car's console.... but I never used it to detail or something like that...

flatstick
11-27-2011, 10:39 AM
if not for any other reason we should wear them for eye protection, especially on a sunny day. my eye doctor once told me they were great to wear , not just when I was fishing. since those days I have worm them all the time. if I am fishing, golfing , detailing or doing anything outside they are in use. my vision is still excellent even though both my parents wear glasses full time, so maybe I will never need them.