PDA

View Full Version : Metro MasterBlaster 8hp vs Leaf Blower

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

atoy
11-27-2011, 06:25 AM
Is the Metro MasterBlaster 8hp worth it for drying aid? How does it compare to a leaf blower? What's more powerful? Advantages? Disadvantages?

silverfox
11-27-2011, 06:45 AM
Ex leaf blower user...replaced with Master Blaster.

Pros MB: lots more drying capacity in 1/2 the time. It has a filter system to ensure clean stream of air. On 8 hp model air is heated to ensure faster drying. Safer.. Has rubber nozzle in case you accidentally touch paint.

Cons MB: initial cost plus electric use as 8 hp draws a bunch of current. Good thing is it doesn't take long to dry car but fact is it draws the amps.

Given that I'd never go back to a leaf blower after using the master blaster. Imagine never having to ever use a drying towel or drying agents again.

CaneCharger
11-27-2011, 08:37 AM
I saw a LIVE demo of the Metro 8hp that was heated at SEMA - that is my next purchase. I was amazed!!! Powerful little machine

ScottB
11-27-2011, 10:31 AM
I once said "no" and lived happily with my LeafHawg blower for years. I then made the choice to get a MasterBlaster, and only wish I did so quicker. Still not to hip on the warmed air (heat off motors), but the power and direction is great and control is much better than the heavier leaf blower.

IndeedSS
11-27-2011, 10:48 AM
The MB is far and away better than a leaf blower at drying a car. My leaf blower worked well but the MB pushes water out of places that the 240 mph leaf blower couldn't.

I completely agree with silverfox.

richy
11-27-2011, 11:17 AM
I, too, bought the 8hp MB and am very happy. It will blow fuses if your plug is not adequate. Make sure you have that covered. The cord could be longer too. Seems like a very well built machine.

toycar18
11-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Personally, Professional Mobile Detailers who use a leaf blower just looks unprofessional IMO.

I don't want dirty air blown over my car.

DARK HORSE
11-27-2011, 01:09 PM
Ex leaf blower user...replaced with Master Blaster.

Pros MB: lots more drying capacity in 1/2 the time. It has a filter system to ensure clean stream of air. On 8 hp model air is heated to ensure faster drying. Safer.. Has rubber nozzle in case you accidentally touch paint.

Cons MB: initial cost plus electric use as 8 hp draws a bunch of current. Good thing is it doesn't take long to dry car but fact is it draws the amps.

Given that I'd never go back to a leaf blower after using the master blaster. Imagine never having to ever use a drying towel or drying agents again.

I once said "no" and lived happily with my LeafHawg blower for years. I then made the choice to get a MasterBlaster, and only wish I did so quicker. The power and direction is great and control is much better than the heavier leaf blower.

The MB is far and away better than a leaf blower at drying a car. My leaf blower worked well but the MB pushes water out of places that the 240 mph leaf blower couldn't.

I completely agree with silverfox.

I, too, bought the 8hp MB and am very happy. It will blow fuses if your plug is not adequate. Make sure you have that covered. Seems like a very well built machine.

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree: One of my all time favorite detailing tools!!

IndeedSS
11-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Personally, Professional Mobile Detailers who use a leaf blower just looks unprofessional IMO.

I don't want dirty air blown over my car.

As far as pro using a leaf blower, if enough people feel like you, then I see an opportunity for someone to capitalize on selling "Vehicular Drying System" graphics for relabeling :)

I'd assume most that use a leaf blower, use a dedicated electric model. The intake of the is never lower than waste high.

toycar18
11-27-2011, 02:40 PM
It may not be professional to mobile detailers but to most consumers I feel it looks unprofessional.

We all have our opinions - ultimately it your business and your choice.

CEE DOG
11-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Check this out! http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/36412-review-metro-master-blaster.html

Bacon
11-27-2011, 03:28 PM
It may not be professional to mobile detailers but to most consumers I feel it looks unprofessional.

We all have our opinions - ultimately it your business and your choice.

So you really think that if a customers happens to look out the window and see you drying a car with a leaf blower they would think its unprofessional? That would assume that the customer KNOWS that there is a specialized Master Blaster tool for car drying.

In addition, maybe the customer would think its unprofessional that someone is using a vacuum cleaner to dry their car. (the master blaster looks like a vacuum cleaner)

Until I joined AG I didn't even know or hear of a 2 or 3 bucket wash system, special towels for washing, drying, ect. And the first time i heard about a leaf blower/metro vac for drying I thought it was a joke!

Many things in here are overthought...IMHO

FUNX650
11-27-2011, 06:42 PM

What is the CFM of your 240 mph leaf blower? Is it more or less than the MasterBlasters?

What is the CFM of the Metro's MasterBlasters series of blowers? During: Single stage (4hp) and dual stage (8hp) usages?

Metro's claims are: Dual stage...58,500 ft/min (approx. 665mph); Single stage....29,250 ft/min (approx.332 mph)...but what are the CFM ratings?

Hint:
When I picked up my Sister-in-law's Cocker Spaniel at the dog-groomer's last month, I took a look at their Metro 8hp MasterBlaster. It had a CFM rating of: 229 CFM at the 58,500 "setting"; and, 130 CFM at the 29,250 "setting".

The dog-groomer said they purchased these Metro blowers for their having an 'adjustable' built-in warm-air ability...like a hair dryer has...for faster, yet pet-friendly, drying. Most dog-groomers she knows has at least one. She said the dogs (and therefore I assume: other animals/pets) just love it!

:)

Bob

toycar18
11-27-2011, 06:48 PM
So you really think that if a customers happens to look out the window and see you drying a car with a leaf blower they would think its unprofessional? That would assume that the customer KNOWS that there is a specialized Master Blaster tool for car drying.

Leaf blowers are for landscapers and that is what the customer sees.

This has nothing to do with master blaster tool.

Pats300zx
11-27-2011, 07:04 PM
Check this out! http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/36412-review-metro-master-blaster.html

Great review Corey. I spent a good part of the afternoon watching your vids.. :xyxthumbs: