PDA

View Full Version : Dust cans for blowing water out of crevices?

rivaladversary
11-27-2011, 03:23 AM
You guys think it'll work? I really can't justify spending a fortune on a product to blow water out of my sideview mirrors...

tw33k2514
11-27-2011, 03:25 AM
Should work fine. Although long term it is probably cheaper to just spend $30-40 on a leaf blower.

rivaladversary
11-27-2011, 03:33 AM
are the leaf blowers portable? my car is parked outside.

tw33k2514
11-27-2011, 03:42 AM
Very portable. I believe toro makes one that is pretty small. Could easily store it in the trunk when not being used.

armorrig
11-27-2011, 03:47 AM
can you use regular air dusters? say for electronics? I have some dust-off.

are the ones being sold here different? it's advertised as filtered, moisture free...

rivaladversary
11-27-2011, 03:54 AM
that's what i meant armor.

i think ill stick with the air duster cans. i can't put it in my car though for risk of exploding :o

Fred114
11-27-2011, 08:35 AM
$30 dollar leaf blower from wal mart. Small and very effective.

jfelbab
11-27-2011, 09:18 AM
You could also just buy a 5 gallon portable air tank and used compressed air to blow out the cracks and crevices. You can refill the air tank with a compressor or at a service station. These sell for around $25.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21vQkSDVi6L.jpg
Amazon.com: 5 Gallon Portable Air Tank: Home Improvement (http://www.amazon.com/5-Gallon-Portable-Air-Tank/dp/B000FNA700/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_2)

toycar18
11-27-2011, 09:40 AM
This product makes more sense than Compressed Air Cans. The price of each can and how fast they go would buy a air compressor pretty quick.

Or a leaf blower but if you are mobile detailing that might not look the most "professional"

You could also just buy a 5 gallon portable air tank and used compressed air to blow out the cracks and crevices. You can refill the air tank with a compressor or at a service station. These sell for around $25.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21vQkSDVi6L.jpg
Amazon.com: 5 Gallon Portable Air Tank: Home Improvement (http://www.amazon.com/5-Gallon-Portable-Air-Tank/dp/B000FNA700/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_2)

Black Car
11-29-2011, 07:44 PM
I use the cans all the time. They are also great if you have that little read straw that comes with them. I spray power clean on the dash and blow out the crap in the creases.

ScottB
11-29-2011, 08:30 PM
the cans work in small spaces, like under the hood. For other areas a blower is needed.

Robert8194
11-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Metro makes a small blaster designed for electronics. I will let you know how it works. Mine is due tomorrow. I plan to use it for dash dusting and the like.

Robert8194
12-07-2011, 10:25 PM
An update on the Metro mini blaster it works well for blowing dust and debris out of the cracks in the interior. It is a lot easier to use than canned air and less trouble that getting out the compressor. I'm afraid the Boot Camp is going to be expensive though because I am going to want a new compressor and the Tornador Black cleaning gun after we learn how to use it.

Robert8194
01-01-2012, 11:49 AM
An update on the Metro mini blaster it works well for blowing dust and debris out of the cracks in the interior. It is a lot easier to use than canned air and less trouble that getting out the compressor. I'm afraid the Boot Camp is going to be expensive though because I am going to want a new compressor and the Tornador Black cleaning gun after we learn how to use it.

Couldn't wait for Boot camp. Bought a new compressor and the Tornador Black. Cannot beat this device for cleaning hard to reach or hard to clean areas like seat rails, seat belt straps or other cracks and crevices. Not real effective for blowing water out of exterior cracks. Leaf blower or Metro still way to go there. Sorry if I hijacked the thread.

mwoolfso
01-01-2012, 01:07 PM
can you use regular air dusters? say for electronics? I have some dust-off.

are the ones being sold here different? it's advertised as filtered, moisture free...

Overall, those dust blaster cans freeze up after about a minute of constant use so if you stay this route you will wind up using at least 2 cans back-and-forth.